Author Topic: Windows BTSX wallet bugs/problems report and general feedback!  (Read 22929 times)

Offline gamey

• View Profile
I tested on two completely different workstations that were windows based. Failed on both......Guess you have to be on an OS other than windows to actually use btsx.

If you are just looking for a taste while they are working out the bugs on windows boxes, you can always install ubuntu inside of windows without changing disk partitions, or anything.  From there its a pretty easy build of the BTSX gui.

The GUI runs acceptably well under WINE.  At least it didn't run any worse than under Windows.  Just download the .exe and install it.  chmod +x Bitshares-X-0.2.1.exe (or whatever).  Then ./Bitshares-x-0.2.1.exe (run the executable) and it installed.  I did have problems installing an upgrade, but I think maybe if you reboot before attempting it won't happen.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Do you checked your CAPS-LOCK key or is a different language active (like Chinesse) ?

Offline Overthetop

I cant not import my wallet.

tried many times, and always says "invalid password".

I have checked my password is ok .

why?

had you changed your password at some time? If yes try your old password because that is the right for backups made before password change...
Do you tried to import from json or do you have the wallet directory backup?

I read somewhere that on this windows gui version the import from json method is problematic and it is suggested to keep the json file for the next version.... or import this file on a linux setup with a BTSX wallet present.... (Am I right? Is it related with this issue?)

Nope. I have not changed my password.

but , It always failed to import the wallet.

I am sure the password is right.

个人微博账号: Overthetop_万里晴空
“块链创新与创业”交流群: 330378613

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info

why?

had you changed your password at some time? If yes try your old password because that is the right for backups made before password change...
Do you tried to import from json or do you have the wallet directory backup?

I read somewhere that on this windows gui version the import from json method is problematic and it is suggested to keep the json file for the next version.... or import this file on a linux setup with a BTSX wallet present.... (Am I right? Is it related with this issue?)

PS  do you checked your CAPS-LOCK key or was a different language active (like Chinesse) ?

Offline Overthetop

why?
个人微博账号: Overthetop_万里晴空
“块链创新与创业”交流群: 330378613

Offline pioneer

• View Profile
I just installed the wallet... shuts down instantly, no error message.
Also, I have to go to the control panel in order to uninstall. Clicking the uninstall icon in the start menu does nothing.

Edit: I'm using 64-bit Windows 7
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 11:23:28 am by pioneer »

Offline GaltReport

The wallet will not open for me on Windows....it crashes every single time
\
what is the error?

See my post history. I'm sure it's the same problem I've had.

yes it is the same problem....have you been able to find a remedy?
Does not work for me.

I get the same issue on windows, the wallet software appears to install ok but when you run it, it shuts down almost instantly.

Mine was working fine all day but now it shuts down almost instantly as well.  maybe they are working on some issues.
GALT, are you using win7? or what version?

I am using win 7 64 bit but it's working now.  :)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 11:32:11 am by GaltReport »

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
I have registered 9 new delegates:

liondani-1
liondani-2
liondani-3
liondani-9

with pay rates from 1% to 9% to give the biggest rewards back to the community... BUT I am stuck!

the problem is I can not find them on the stand by delegate list!!! (only the old liondani-delegate-1 to 9)
Any thoughts?

Screenshots:

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
I tested on two completely different workstations that were windows based. Failed on both......Guess you have to be on an OS other than windows to actually use btsx.

If you are just looking for a taste while they are working out the bugs on windows boxes, you can always install ubuntu inside of windows without changing disk partitions, or anything.  From there its a pretty easy build of the BTSX gui.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
after I upgraded BitSharesX to 0.2.1
I lost all my votes and I had to vote again all my favorite delegates.
Is it normal?
Very fustrating to vote on any upgrade!

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont

I had the "idle" problem, and BM said it's a known issue. The reason is that you change the log out time to an extremely big value, right?

You can try to uninstall the wallet after backup your wallet, and then import the wallet.json. The timeout value can be changed in the wallet.json file.
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline BitAsset

• View Profile
"You are idle " bug

I use Windows Server 2008,  cannot quit  "You are idle " window   

Offline raleit2014

• View Profile
\
what is the error?

Does not work for me.

I get the same issue on windows, the wallet software appears to install ok but when you run it, it shuts down almost instantly.

Mine was working fine all day but now it shuts down almost instantly as well.  maybe they are working on some issues.
GALT, are you using win7? or what version?

Offline GaltReport

\
what is the error?

Does not work for me.

Offline wesphily

• View Profile