Author Topic: PROPOSAL: Shareholders, vote for +5% payout delegates! 95% burn  (Read 8970 times)

Offline Riverhead

I appreciate the thought delegates, but until we see what the income level is and whether it is enough to cover a VPS at $30 per month you may want to be conservative as you can decrease your pay in the future, but not increase it. 

Put another way, if delegates can operate on just 5% of the fees, then our transaction fees are 20x higher than necessary and our customers are the ones who pay that price. 

So consider carefully who you want to appeal to:  customers or shareholders and strike a balance.   It is possible for delegates to reduce the required transaction fee.   I wouldn't reduce it at this point in time because of SPAM control, but you get the overall idea.

Why can't it be increased?  To prevent people from lowering it briefly?

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
I appreciate the thought delegates, but until we see what the income level is and whether it is enough to cover a VPS at $30 per month you may want to be conservative as you can decrease your pay in the future, but not increase it. 

Put another way, if delegates can operate on just 5% of the fees, then our transaction fees are 20x higher than necessary and our customers are the ones who pay that price. 

So consider carefully who you want to appeal to:  customers or shareholders and strike a balance.   It is possible for delegates to reduce the required transaction fee.   I wouldn't reduce it at this point in time because of SPAM control, but you get the overall idea.

Good point about cost to customers, however we don't control the fees, at this point, do we?

I have a question - why couldn't you do regular POS where instead of balance you use the number of votes? And thus remove this bizarre 100 delegates number. Let the shareholders decide how many delegats they want.

i.e. traditional POS with balance age, resetting to 0 when they sign a transaction. But instead of balance, use vote balance.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 12:40:02 pm by krabbypatty »

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Done by voting - should improve the rating of some "low cost delegates".

Thank you, CalabiYau!

I really can't believe that most delegates are 100% Payouts. Is there really not a single whale who wants to help the ecosystem by increasing the burn? Or is it that whales are better off keeping the profits to themselves?

Offline CalabiYau

Once you approve a delegate, it doesn't really cast the vote, until you make a transaction. You could send a transaction to yourself.

Done by voting - should improve the rating of some "low cost delegates".

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
I intend to write tools for delegates. But for that I want to become one so I can experiment.

+5%
you have my vote!

PS I like the way you think in general
     You convinced me to reduce my pay rate also to  +5%     ;)

Thank you! I've revoted for all of you with the 150K I just added as well. Yeah make sure to send all your balance to yourself so it gets reflected in the transaction.

Let me post an example (I'll add it to the main post too):

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I intend to write tools for delegates. But for that I want to become one so I can experiment.

+5%
you have my vote!

PS I like the way you think in general
     You convinced me to reduce my pay rate also to  +5%     ;)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 10:19:57 am by liondani »

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile

I am  +5% convinced
Code: [Select]
calyauwall (unlocked) >>> wallet_approve_delegate kpd-1
Delegate approved.
calyauwall (unlocked) >>> wallet_approve_delegate dele-puppy
Delegate approved.

Once you approve a delegate, it doesn't really cast the vote, until you make a transaction. You could send a transaction to yourself.

Also if you only send 1 BTSX, then only 1 BTSX is counted as a vote. You basically need to send ALL your balance to yourself after casting the vote.

They should have made this easier for voters, but oh well.

Offline CalabiYau

Let's diversify a bit and set the tone here, if there is burn of the fees, it will increase the value of BTSX. Shareholders should welcome that.

I've set mine to +5%. Which means 95% of the fees will be income for shareholders! Thank you!

Please vote for kpd-1.

Also if you are 50% or less delegate, post yours here.

wallet_approve_delegate kpd-1

After you make your vote selections make sure you send your entire balance to yourself, otherwise you are not really voting.

I am  +5% convinced
calyauwall (unlocked) >>> wallet_approve_delegate kpd-1
Delegate approved.
calyauwall (unlocked) >>> wallet_approve_delegate dele-puppy
Delegate approved.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Well I didn't suggest it. :) Freedom to SPAM Act. :)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Sure you cannot, otherwise you will violate the ‘Freedom to spam’ right of all posters  :)
+5%

Not even mods should delete that kind of spam IMHO!

Offline Simeon II

• View Profile

Sure you cannot, otherwise you will violate the ‘Freedom to spam’ right of all posters  :)

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
I don't have privilege to delete posts. Weird, huh? :)

Offline Simeon II

• View Profile

Great!

Now we have attracted spammers!

Can the OP poster ( or somebody) be granted rights to delate spam posts?

Offline sfinder

• 4 Cores CPU+100GB SSD+anti-DDoS Pro
    • View Profile
Just Vote for you. +5% +5% +5%

following is my delegate. please vote for me as well

Please vote for chinese

BTS X  delegate ID:chinese

Why vote for "chinese"?

1) I am cooperating with China Education Bookstore and will donate 20% of income to the poor students in China.  Donation details will be posted for public view.

2)I will destroy 20% of the fees and  my pay rate is 80%. It is my way to pay dividends to all the bitshares holders.

vote for "chinese"
wallet_approve_delegate chinese true

my delegate's server: professional hosted 4Cores CPU + 4GB RAM + 100GB SSD + anti-DDoS +  guaranteed 500Mbps bandwidth
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 12:08:56 pm by sfinder »
微博:星在飘我在找|BTS X 受托人delegate ID:baidu
中国教育书店合作将20%收入捐献给贫困山区学生。
Cooperating with China Education Bookstore and will donate 20% of delegate income to the poor students