Author Topic: Time for coinmarketcap listing  (Read 12007 times)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
still there though, going to the moon as far as i can tell  :D

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
We are the guest stars!

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
BTSX was delisted from coinmarketcap . I guess to minimize confusion.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Let it as it is and help exchanges to start accept BTSX as soon as possible!

Offline Simeon II

• View Profile
About 10% or  ~200,000,000 BTSX =1.28*500*(52,349.50+258,761.354799) of the total of  2 Billion shares/coins are currently traded at the exchanges.

IMHO, updating to this number now would be even more confusing, than doing nothing.

The biggest BTSX holder of course is the AGS fund. I am only guessing about that!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 10:23:42 pm by Simeon II »

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
BitShares X has incorrectly/mistakenly listed on Coinmarketcap stating a share supply of 2 Billion but the actual potential supply is probably closer to 10% of that.

By all means.   I re-iterate my call.  Can someone provide some kind of URL to some verifiable proof of just how many coins are on the chain, so we can get it updated and validated?

And who are the major obvious share holders of what is on the chain, now?

Brent allsop

There are 2 Billion coins (less burning) on the chain I think, it's just that until one of the exchanges starts allowing for deposits & withdrawals, the amount that's currently being traded on the exchanges is being derived from the PTS people had on those particular exchanges at the end of Feb. (So a very small portion of that 2 Billion)

Sorry I don't know the % of any of the major shareholders there might be one big one if I recall of 5-10% but the rest are below that I believe.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
I seem to be the only one who takes these PR matters this seriously, so perhaps I am over-reacting.

I think Toast was pretty obvious about not wanting us to pursue coinmarketcap because of all the potential headaches + bad things.

Otherwise I think everyone is trying to put out fires at the moment.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com
BitShares X has incorrectly/mistakenly listed on Coinmarketcap stating a share supply of 2 Billion but the actual potential supply is probably closer to 10% of that.

By all means.   I re-iterate my call.  Can someone provide some kind of URL to some verifiable proof of just how many coins are on the chain, so we can get it updated and validated?

And who are the major obvious share holders of what is on the chain, now?

Brent allsop

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
You want it removed???

Sure, there will be bleating, ignorant noise, claiming/thinking it is a scam, but I think any news is good news, and the smart money (and ultimately the long term demonstrably experimental proof) is going to quickly see through and handsomely profit from the mistaken bleating.

Have I convinced everyone, or does anyone still think it should be removed?

Brent

If it is not removed/corrected or at the very least, people are not made aware of the huge discrepancy on the http://bitshares-x.info/ & on the main forum then BitShares X rather than an honest mistake will now be choosing to  knowingly misinform potential investors for the period of time the information remains incorrect.

If people buying at these prices find the price drops when some of the other 90% of potential supply (That they are not aware of) hits the exchanges. Then those investors will not be bleating/making ignorant noise, they will be genuine victims imo.

There's an argument for doing more due diligence but even active members who haven't been around for 3 days struggle to keep up with what's going on - https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=5884.0 Our marketing has also been poor so the CoinmarketCap listing is the first many people will have seen of X.

I seem to be the only one who takes these PR matters this seriously, so perhaps I am over-reacting.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

I was excited to put it on there, but after listening to some people's views I gave up on the idea.  There are still a lot of things that are needed that would help with the presentation/user experience.  And a true actual market.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com

Is there some kind of proof link/url, for the 2,000,000,000 outstanding coins on the chain I can provide to coinmarketcap.com?

And, what percentage of those coins are held by whom?  In particular, what percentage is held by Invictus Innovations?  Are there any other major holders?

Brent

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com
You want it removed???

Sure, there will be bleating, ignorant noise, claiming/thinking it is a scam, but I think any news is good news, and the smart money (and ultimately the long term demonstrably experimental proof) is going to quickly see through and handsomely profit from the mistaken bleating.

Have I convinced everyone, or does anyone still think it should be removed?

Brent

« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 08:26:22 pm by Brent.Allsop »

Offline Pocket Sand

• View Profile
Definitely would say remove it temporarily until it hits the markets, price swings are very imminent at this stage and it'd make us look worse if others claim it's a scam (along the lines of Ripple market cap when it was over 1 billion) because of the small amount on the market.

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile

I know the guy running coinmarketcap.com.  He added the total market cap of all crypto currency stat at the bottom, based on my request.

Everyone send me any changes that need to be made (such as specific URLs) and I can forward these on to him.

Oh, and by the way, if anyone is willing to sell me a lot of BitShare X at anywhere close to that price, please contact me ASAP.

Brent

+5% Cool, well I guess there are a few options

1) Remove Listing till an exchange is allowing withdrawals and deposits

2) Keep listing as is & inform investors with notices and stickies on every forum & X related websites that there is only a small % of the total available to trade and that the current CAP might not reflect true supply and demand.

3) Keep it as is and don't do anything

4) Adjust the CAP to reflect the amount on the exchanges (This would be wrong in my view as most participants are trading on the knowledge it is a small portion.)

-----

Personally it's a rock and a hard place but I would vote for 1 & if not no.2 but obviously for others to decide.

(The problem with doing nothing is if people buy at these prices and it goes up when transfers are possible, no worries, but if the price goes down (or spikes and then goes down) when transfers become possible you will not hear the end of it from even a handful of people who felt they were conned & not clearly informed that the coinmarketcap listing was disingenuous. If we didn't do no.1/2 then I feel those disgruntled people would have a right to feel disgruntled & I wouldn't try to defend DacsUnlimited actions in that case. Dacsunlimited thanks to BitShares currently has a very good reputation in the market so no need to risk tarnishing it even a bit at the start.)   
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 07:13:31 pm by Empirical1 »

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com

I know the guy running coinmarketcap.com.  He added the total market cap of all crypto currency stat at the bottom, based on my request.

Everyone send me any changes that need to be made (such as specific URLs) and I can forward these on to him.

Oh, and by the way, if anyone is willing to sell me a lot of BitShare X at anywhere close to that price, please contact me ASAP.

Brent