Author Topic: Digital Ocean - You will never find a block until difficulty Adjustment!  (Read 6794 times)

Offline BitNoob

• View Profile
so at the moment, is useless mining by DO?

Lets put it this way I have over 100 DO nodes and have found a total of 2 blocks in the past 12 hours.   Mean while, my desktop i7 machine has also found 2 nodes.    You do the math on the effectiveness of DO.

Thank you very much for this warning!
is there  any news about the DO efficiency?

I would like to use DO as soon as possible but in the same time i wouldn't like waste my cash in a useless strategy? Could you alert us when using DO will make sense? 

Offline her0

• View Profile
thx I just get into the mining pool. this DO problem should not exist. am right?

Offline kenpodragon

• View Profile
Here is a pro-tip.

Create a droplet, get it up and running. Make sure that the bitcoind starts when you boot the computer.
Poweroff the instance
Create a snapshot
When it makes sense to start running again, use this snapshot to get your instances up and running again. If you want to be really high speed, you can use their API.
can you tell me how to Poweroff the instance ?please help more.

sudo poweroff
on the droplet webpage click create snapshot

Offline bytemaster

Lets put it this way I have over 100 DO nodes and have found a total of 2 blocks in the past 12 hours.   Mean while, my desktop i7 machine has also found 2 nodes.    You do the math on the effectiveness of DO.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline goldbishop

• View Profile

Offline her0

• View Profile
Here is a pro-tip.

Create a droplet, get it up and running. Make sure that the bitcoind starts when you boot the computer.
Poweroff the instance
Create a snapshot
When it makes sense to start running again, use this snapshot to get your instances up and running again. If you want to be really high speed, you can use their API.
can you tell me how to Poweroff the instance ?please help more.

Offline bytemaster

Here is a pro-tip.

Poweroff the instance
Create a snapshot

Exactly what I have been doing :)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline kenpodragon

• View Profile
Here is a pro-tip.

Poweroff the instance
Create a snapshot

Offline bytemaster

Digital Ocean - You will never find a block until difficulty Adjustment!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 09:40:00 pm »
We are currently finding blocks about once per minute or more.  It takes a DO machine over a minute just to find a single birthday collision candidate.    As a result, any blocks found on DO will be orphaned and most effort will be waisted.

Once the difficulty adjusts up to 5 minute intervals again then DO will make sense.