Author Topic: What's with the massive dump on BTER?  (Read 8569 times)

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
I'm not arguing for a marketing campaign, I'm saying I'm suprised that the price has not dipped lower because there isn't one.  It's not a criticism.

I think what Adam is saying is a compliment. How many cryptos have launched and actually had a relatively stable price?

Most either oscillate quick run up then crash, or usually just a quick dump from all the "supporters" (usually miners, needing to cover expenses).

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
I've been expecting the price to go as low as .00000999  I'm honestly surprised there isn't more of a impact on the price given how many people were stuck for so long and how little awareness there is about the launch of bitsharesx in the english language.

I believe we have everything in place for BitAssets (BitUSD) to launch... just need week for the test net and then get delegates to update their code to match and we will be good to go.   While the backend is being tested the trading interface GUI should be complete which will give us a complete product to advertise / push starting in September.   Right now is too premature for launching a major marketing campaign.  It may help the the price in the short term, but in the long term we are better off marketing a complete product rather than another alt-coin with a hope of a better future.

I'm not arguing for a marketing campaign, I'm saying I'm suprised that the price has not dipped lower because there isn't one.  It's not a criticism.
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline GaltReport

I've been expecting the price to go as low as .00000999  I'm honestly surprised there isn't more of a impact on the price given how many people were stuck for so long and how little awareness there is about the launch of bitsharesx in the english language.

I believe we have everything in place for BitAssets (BitUSD) to launch... just need week for the test net and then get delegates to update their code to match and we will be good to go.   While the backend is being tested the trading interface GUI should be complete which will give us a complete product to advertise / push starting in September.   Right now is too premature for launching a major marketing campaign.  It may help the the price in the short term, but in the long term we are better off marketing a complete product rather than another alt-coin with a hope of a better future.

+5%

merockstar

+5% +5% +5% +5% +5%

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
more supply then demand - to tell the number 1 secret  ;)

naturally everyone thinks about why? why sells someone at this stage?

1. i don't know the entrypoint of them, but for me this price is not interesting for a sell. I invested in AGS and bought PTS for the transfered PTS and BTSX value transfer i am at a loss right know.
so maybe there are really early adaptors. they mined cheap PTS and know they sell it.

i don't care, but i like the price so i can buy more. I already increased my BTSX +25%. why i did it? the client is really nice and as soon as the market functions included it will be a new game for BTSX.

Offline toa

• View Profile
In my experience... when you everyone wants to hurry and put money in so as to not miss the boat, you are entering a bubble stage. Not to mention they want to develop ether as an inflationary modeled currency. I may pick some ether up after it tanks, but not because I think they will produce a better product. Mainly cause they have quite a cult following, and potentially some high worth investors. Even if they do get out a working model within a year, I'm still quite sure there is room for different models. It's not as if there is only one exchange, or one trading platform in other applications. I doubt it will be the case for altcoin "bitcoin 2.0" projects as well. I couldn't be happier with my pts/ags equity. They have produced a product that is actually a lot better then I had imagined, and much more innovative. The delegated proof of stake, with the TITAN addressing, as well as how they have handled failed projects like Keyhote have shown excellent integrity and innovation. My bet long term is on Invicitus.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Ether has been so hyped that I think people are afraid to miss out on it, whatever it is or ends up becoming. It's like a trendy project on Kickstarter or something. As an investment, I'll stick with Bitshares.
+5%

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Well, Vitalik has some interesting ideas. I wouldn't dismiss it, but I think they lack focus.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Ether has been so hyped that I think people are afraid to miss out on it, whatever it is or ends up becoming. It's like a trendy project on Kickstarter or something. As an investment, I'll stick with Bitshares.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile

Do you think guys due to ether sale that pressure to BTSX prices will increase?
Honestly I believe they will... Many investors of bitshares would love to get involved  with ether too...
The logic is ..."the eggs in different basket's". Do you think I am wrong or not? Thoughts?

I hope it does so I can get more. :) I think bitshares is better at execution. Ethereum has some novel ideas around smart contracts, but those can easily be added to bitshares when the time requires it.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Do you think guys due to ether sale that pressure to BTSX prices will increase?
Honestly I believe they will... Many investors of bitshares would love to get involved  with ether too...
The logic is ..."the eggs in different basket's". Do you think I am wrong or not? Thoughts?

Offline Simeon II

• View Profile

On the other hand I think you must be a very good trader in cryptos so the last two weeks I am starting to read very carefully your trading advices... ;)

It helps if you own enough to move the markets. The rest of us are at the mercy of people like Simeon!

Right I can move the markets, that’s why I locked 75% of my trading money for 6 mo. in AGS….

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

On the other hand I think you must be a very good trader in cryptos so the last two weeks I am starting to read very carefully your trading advices... ;)

It helps if you own enough to move the markets. The rest of us are at the mercy of people like Simeon!