Author Topic: BUG reporting thread  (Read 16661 times)

Offline pvaladares

• View Profile
Re: BUG reporting thread
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2013, 06:30:18 pm »
When I try to do importprivkey, QT gives me:

Code: [Select]
Invalid private key (code -5)
I got the private key from another machine. And I am sure the it is correct.

Looks like there might be some checks against Bitcoin magic numbers that need to be updated...

I have the same problem with 'importprivkey' command, as well as, with the 'dumpprivkey <protosharesaddress>'

Edit: Remember to check if your wallet is encrypted. If yes, use your pass phrase first:
Code: [Select]
walletpassphrase "yourpassphrase" 600
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 08:14:09 pm by pvaladares »
PTS : PkbJAm9uxuGgC9n2NVwWYs8bvX3Mj8uAg3 | MMC : M91vp33SSVBG7N3X9CbrgMcwSBxTDQeDAb
BTC : 1CrAkkYZrVCnwDKSBw3bcnMSYMakEhfB6N
Trade BTC/PTS @ cryptsy.com

Offline Valeriy777

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2013, 05:16:54 pm »
вопрос такой - установил кошелек в Вин 7 64 бит, но нет синхронизации, пишет, что источник блоков недоступен. Что нужно сделать, чтобы источник блоков стал доступным и мой кошелек синхронизировался?

Offline redsky

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2013, 03:01:45 pm »
pool_miner does not run on Windows XP or Windows 2003 x64.  I think because it's C++ VS2012. 
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vcblog/archive/2012/10/08/10357555.aspx

Offline idev

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2013, 02:52:08 pm »
There seems to be a bug with the OSX qt client.

When minimizing the client and then re-maximizing it from the app bar the client links IE: "overview, send, recivce" etc stop working.

I have to quit qt and restart it for the links to work again.

Offline testz

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2013, 08:19:50 am »
Goto wallet.dat location, delete everything EXCEPT wallet.dat, run the client again, wait until it's redownload blockchain.
Edit: Better to save wallet.dat to safe place before everything. By default it's located in user profile: C:\Users\<User name>\AppData\Roaming\ProtoShares

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 08:24:43 am by testz »

Offline albon

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2013, 11:42:49 pm »
I have a problem

I was runing the windows binery fine but I had to stop it and reboot windows.

Now everytime I try and mine useing the QT I get a c++ runtime crash
PTS PZcyCXhyE2h8SK11Ed8Wg1WeuzwtVVeYCT

BTC 1BHPjHubNKQit9s8twvVmZVPdaF8RumFzB

Offline BTCguru

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2013, 02:11:12 am »
I had been mining on my macbook air for a while before this issue happened. Now the client tells that:
Error loading block database. Do you want to rebuild the block database now?

I click OK. It gives me:

ProtoShares-Qt quit unexpectedly. Click Reopen to open the application again. Click Report to see more detailed information and send a report to Apple.

I am trying to locate the blockchain directory on OSX, but it's not there where the bitcoin blockchain would be. I am thinking just delete the blockchain, if I can find it.

Thanks.

everything ends up in ~/.protoshares

Thanks, Pro.
Another issue. Display error of text with the client. The address was shown as little square blocks. But when I copy it to a text editor, it displays correctly. Must be a encoding problem.

Offline Vizierx

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2013, 10:02:24 pm »
Sent 140 Shares with a 0.01 Fee - took around 30mins
Send 49 Shares with 0 Fee - instant

is that right?

With the number of orphans out there the network is wonky right now.  SHould clear up once difficulty adjusts.

Note: the only things we changed from Bitcoin 0.8.5 is the proof of work, the reward schedule, and the block rate, the address leading letter, the ports, and the genesis block.

Hmm i think what iam got error but now after 20+ minutes i got my pts from one wallet to another

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2013, 06:15:42 pm »

is that right?

With the number of orphans out there the network is wonky right now.  SHould clear up once difficulty adjusts.

Note: the only things we changed from Bitcoin 0.8.5 is the proof of work, the reward schedule, and the block rate, the address leading letter, the ports, and the genesis block.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2013, 06:14:40 pm »

is that right?

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2013, 05:53:29 pm »
I had been mining on my macbook air for a while before this issue happened. Now the client tells that:

I click OK. It gives me:

ProtoShares-Qt quit unexpectedly. Click Reopen to open the application again. Click Report to see more detailed information and send a report to Apple.

I am trying to locate the blockchain directory on OSX, but it's not there where the bitcoin blockchain would be. I am thinking just delete the blockchain, if I can find it.

Thanks.

everything ends up in ~/.protoshares

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline BTCguru

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2013, 05:50:43 pm »

I click OK. It gives me:

Thanks.

Offline BRWN8484

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2013, 05:37:50 pm »
Anyone else having a problem with Protoshares windows program shutting down?  I get a visual C++ error popup 2-4 times/day and it says something about protoshares shutting down for unexpected reason, and to notify software developers of problem?

{
"blocks" : 3101,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 0.00000095,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : false,
"genproclimit" : 3,
"hashespermin" : 6.62893900,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false
}

I am running an Intel i5 with windows 8, 64 Bit OS and 8 GB or Ram.

P>S>  I also saw suggestion to run multiple instances of program, if enough memory available, but when I try to start 2nd instance, I get error message and 1st instance shuts down immediately,  Anyone been able to multi-execute successfully?

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2013, 01:53:07 pm »
Is it a good idea to have a "TotalSharesSupply" output in the "getinfo"? It will help to know how much ProtoShares in the market. It is hard to calculate every time.

Anyone agree with me?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 02:30:01 pm by Amazon »
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline flower1024

• luck is just a share away
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 11:35:46 pm »
I mined 50 PTS but it was not accepted (Unconfirmed 0 of 6 confirmations.  Generated but not accepted.)  It was mined three hours ago and I have 8 active connections and it is up to date.

With a block production rate near 1 per minute, a hashing algorithm that takes 10-40 seconds to find a single result you would expect a lot of orphans.   If it were not for the orphans the block rate would probably be 2x what it is now.  My guess is that 50% of every thing mined right now is orphaned.

rising connectionlimit should lower orphans. also port forwarding does help
i have 5 blocks - no orphan (but i do consider this very lucky)

protoshares-qt.exe -maxconnections=100 -addnode=162.243.61.72