Author Topic: [SOLVED] SOS xeroc is missing to many blocks !!! Somebody inform him !!!  (Read 4939 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
My delegate again lost. Connections .. backup jumped in after 10 missed blocks ... switching to 2 missed blocks now ... safety procedures already in my head .. gonna implement soon .. can publish code then

+5% +5% +5%

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
My delegate again lost. Connections .. backup jumped in after 10 missed blocks ... switching to 2 missed blocks now ... safety procedures already in my head .. gonna implement soon .. can publish code then

Offline bytemaster

My delegate just lost ALL 40 connections .. wtf .. on it

I lost 65 around the same time xeroc did. Bytemaster, do you need my logs too? (sent you a PM about it just a sec ago)

Logs will be helpful for Eric... please post download links to github issues..
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
maybe it's the same problem I have post. you can check netstat, there is a established connection with no program attach.heyD have the same problem just several hours ago.

来自我的 HUAWEI P7-L00 上的 Tapatalk

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
I've seen 40+ connections from single ip.
It could be a large network or an entire ISP.
If something fails on their end you might lose all the connections.

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
My delegate just lost ALL 40 connections .. wtf .. on it

I lost 65 around the same time xeroc did. Bytemaster, do you need my logs too? (sent you a PM about it just a sec ago)
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline testz

Offline bytemaster

Dont think its a server issue .. that machine never lost connection .. keeping you posted ... sorry for the downtime my friends

Can you send us your log file, it would be nice to know why you dropped all 40 connections.    Chances are it is our bug not yours.  Thanks for being on top of things and helping smooth out issues in our code.

I would recommend that you run multiple instances on the same machine with some delegates in each instance.  That way they don't all go down at once.

I get same problem but I run only one delegate.
When I look at the p2p.log I see lot of the messages like this:
Peer 80.240.133.79:1777 is disconnecting us because: I rejected your connection request (hello message ) so I'm disconnecting

I restart client - same problem, I start adding the nodes from my desktop client and slowly client get connected to 11 nodes (Desktop client has 21 nodes connected).

network_list_potential_peers  to see if we can get more details?
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline testz

Dont think its a server issue .. that machine never lost connection .. keeping you posted ... sorry for the downtime my friends

Can you send us your log file, it would be nice to know why you dropped all 40 connections.    Chances are it is our bug not yours.  Thanks for being on top of things and helping smooth out issues in our code.

I would recommend that you run multiple instances on the same machine with some delegates in each instance.  That way they don't all go down at once.

I get same problem but I run only one delegate.
When I look at the p2p.log I see lot of the messages like this:
Peer 80.240.133.79:1777 is disconnecting us because: I rejected your connection request (hello message ) so I'm disconnecting

I restart client - same problem, I start adding the nodes from my desktop client and slowly client get connected to 11 nodes (Desktop client has 21 nodes connected).

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info

With some or with every delegates in each instance?
For example I am running on 2 different machines (linux mint 17 + Win 7) with both clients open with all delegates enabled on both systems. Is it wrong?
When I had at the beginning only Win7 online I lost the most blocks (maybe because NTP time issues) Now with both running I assume only the linux system makes the hard work (ntp time configured + much better system). Is my approach wrong?

PS Same router for both (how can I check which system made the block signings?)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Good idea .. I am currently mobile and will be off for the next few hours .. can send you files later today ..

will run delegates on multiple instances and also plan to setup a seednode which can work as backup if i miss blocks again

Sorry for the inconviniences

Offline bytemaster

Offline bytemaster

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
Is up again.. need to investigate

"blockchain_average_delegate_participation" is up again  ;)

82% and counting... :)