Author Topic: Who will create the first block explorer?  (Read 3836 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline svk

I started out intending to make primarily a delegates listing with info on delegates, but ended up working on a simple block explorer as well. It's currently up and running, as far as I know it's the only site with the following features:

- Live delegates list with reliability info among other things
- Live block stream
- Block explorer: investigate number of transactions, transaction sizes and votes per transaction

Check it out and throw me a vote pls if you like it!

www.bitsharesblocks.com

Great site.... some recommendations:
1) Always group the robot and delegate name as close together visually as possible
2) When you ask for votes for your delegate (and the other delegates there) you should use the btsx: URLs     https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/wiki/XTS-URLs

Thanks!

I put the robots in a column next to the names, I tried putting them with the name but it needs some work to make it look ok so I prefered keeping the columns apart for now.

I didn't know about the URL scheme, that's awesome, I put them in as well, hope I got it right.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline bytemaster

I started out intending to make primarily a delegates listing with info on delegates, but ended up working on a simple block explorer as well. It's currently up and running, as far as I know it's the only site with the following features:

- Live block stream
- Block explorer: investigate number of transactions, transaction sizes and votes per transaction

www.bitsharesblocks.com

Great site.... some recommendations:
1) Always group the robot and delegate name as close together visually as possible
2) When you ask for votes for your delegate (and the other delegates there) you should use the btsx: URLs     https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/wiki/XTS-URLs
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline svk

- Live block stream

www.bitsharesblocks.com

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline D4vegee

• View Profile
Competition is a very healthy thing, I welcome it. But this early on, it's good to cover as much ground as possible. Eventually we will overlap, and that's fine, that's how we get better.

Wise words

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Competition is a very healthy thing, I welcome it. But this early on, it's good to cover as much ground as possible. Eventually we will overlap, and that's fine, that's how we get better.

Offline D4vegee

• View Profile
Me too !
bitsharesxblockchain.com

I'm actually focused more on delegates statistics - block explorer I will do last, since there is one already in the client. So this is good because we probably won't overlap (yet).

OK. Well I'm still some way off yet. Coding is something I don't get much time for. So as and when really. But I'll try and keep it as basic as I can, and not tread on your toes!

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Me too !
bitsharesxblockchain.com

I'm actually focused more on delegates statistics - block explorer I will do last, since there is one already in the client. So this is good because we probably won't overlap (yet).

Offline D4vegee

• View Profile

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

merockstar

Offline bytemaster

kind of embarrassed to not know the answer to this but...

will brain wallets be possible, or is that a no go because of TITAN?

Brain wallets are already implemented for advanced users ;)

lol. offline ones?

Console command allows you to do this:

Code: [Select]
help wallet_create

Usage:
wallet_create <wallet_name> <new_passphrase> [brain_key]                                              Creates a wallet with the given name
Creates a wallet with the given name

Parameters:
  wallet_name (wallet_name, required): name of the wallet to create
  new_passphrase (new_passphrase, required): a passphrase for encrypting the wallet
  brain_key (new_passphrase, optional, defaults to ""): a strong passphrase that will be used to generate all private keys, defaults to a large random number

Returns:
  void

aliases: create
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

merockstar

lol. offline ones?

Offline bytemaster