Author Topic: RDPOS - Recommended Delegated Proof of Stake  (Read 29991 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline GaltReport

Offline wackou

Excellent idea!! This is a great step towards "fixing" voter apathy, as I can imagine not so far away in the future that some delegates will be known for advancing network security, some for marketing, some for charity, and some other for diversity. People would definitely be more aware and willing to check one of those boxes (where each box would be a known delegate for his recommendations):

Code: [Select]
[ ] 100% network security
[ ] 100% marketing
[ ] 100% charity
[ ] 50% network, 50% marketing
[ ] 33% network, 33% marketing, 33% charity
etc.

than choosing a full slate of delegates.

bytemaster, the speed at which you find solutions to problems you encounter on the go is really impressive, first tapos, then dpos, now rdpos, and not even a year has gone by... hats off to you!
Please vote for witness wackou! More info at http://digitalgaia.io

Offline bytemaster

Do I have to approve the legate to use his selection or I can click and see his recommendations
?
If I can check without necessary approving him beforehand great!

Now, on the topic if great slate pickers make great delegates – sound like different jobs to me so,
3) Delegates are now competing not just on pay-rate, but also on how well balanced their selected slates are.

I might use one delegates recommendation and not even consider him himself for inclusion.

Anyone can produce a slate of delegates.
You browse before you buy.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

the weak point in ripple you see, is the "cartel" of old friends, for new people are impossible to get in. will this slate ID not decrease the chance for newcomers to get one of the 101 delegate seats?

Users still have to cast the ballots and can "filter" the recommendations.   So this is not the same as Ripple where the users have no say.  We are just helping the users express their say by automating a process that would occur naturally outside the system.   Ie:  if you cannot stop it from happening then you should at least control how it happens.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
the weak point in ripple you see, is the "cartel" of old friends, for new people are impossible to get in. will this slate ID not decrease the chance for newcomers to get one of the 101 delegate seats?

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Fantastic! Now I'll be able to define my rules and automatically make recommendations in my tool, then people can just pick me if they think my tool is doing the right thing.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Awesome idea ... reminds me of nxt leasing .. but even better

Offline bytemaster

One of our major challenges is making voting easy for the average person who doesn't have time to follow 101 different delegates.  For this reason we are going to make voting even easier:  you can delegate your selection of delegates to a single delegate.   How it works is this:

1) Every delegate may optionally specify a slate ID as part of their public data.  This slate ID identifies up to 101 delegates supported by that delegate.
2) Every user can select one or more delegates to approve of
3) The wallet will automatically combine the public slates of the delegates that user approves of to produce their votes.

Benefits:
1) More people voting with the same slate ID increases privacy
2) The default wallet can hard-code the developers own account as the default recommendation
3) Delegates are now competing not just on pay-rate, but also on how well balanced their selected slates are.
4) Users still have to transact to update their votes so they don't give up control of their votes, they merely have auto-recomendation.
5) More similar slates reduce block chain bloat.
6) Lobbying to become a delegate can now be focused toward existing delegates for endorsement. 
7) We can enable "down votes" that simply remove delegates from the "recommended set"

This is no more centralized than the current system and in-fact, encourages decentralization because delegates compete on making solid recommendations that include other delegates. 

With this in place there is no need to charge extra for not voting.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 08:32:46 pm by bytemaster »