Author Topic: Network Health, Delegates Statistics and Block Tools  (Read 12506 times)

Offline Riverhead

Nice one!
What about a site where you can see the realtime graphs?

Here you go: http://x.bitmeat.com/

Mmmm....meaty.  I like that there are 22 delegates with 100% over the last 10k blocks.  Would it be possible to add rank in there too?  So people could make an observation like, "Wow, delegate.smith has 100% reliability over the last 50k blocks but is in 101st place.  They need my support!"
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 09:36:12 am by Riverhead »

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
If you need beta testers let me know.  I have both Windows and Ubuntu environments.

Thank you! It will be put live on a website shortly. Just working out some kinks with the configuration.

Offline Riverhead

If you need beta testers let me know.  I have both Windows and Ubuntu environments.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Another preview, this time a bit more readable:

I think so far we are doing OK, but alerts would probably be very useful.

Offline Riverhead

Right now the data I'm collecting has already been collected by the client. You all have it, it's just not visualized very well. It can easily be verified by looking at the block chain.

However once I release this, I plan to start gathering more interesting stats, like current forks, who are the delegates that produced the most forks, etc. <-- this stuff is very important, since you could have good guys be bashed by bad guys, if they fake missed blocks. We will see how it plays out, and also what the community needs most.

You certainly have my votes.  We need more people like you.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Right now the data I'm collecting has already been collected by the client. You all have it, it's just not visualized very well. It can easily be verified by looking at the block chain.

However once I release this, I plan to start gathering more interesting stats, like current forks, who are the delegates that produced the most forks, etc. <-- this stuff is very important, since you could have good guys be bashed by bad guys, if they fake missed blocks. We will see how it plays out, and also what the community needs most.

Offline Fox

I'm doing this entirely as a hobby and a pet project at the moment.

Completely respect this statement.  :)

Are you willing to share you data dictionary describing the information you are currently collecting? 

Respectfully,
Fox
Witness: fox

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Very much looking forward to your progress.  How may interested parties connect with your efforts?  Are you providing your code for peer review at this time?  Are you willing to share a small subset of your collected data  (perhaps a few rounds)? 

Thanks,
Fox

I plan to make it possible for people to make an API call and use the data however they wish. I'm doing this entirely as a hobby and a pet project at the moment.

Offline Fox

I'll do much more over the weekend.

Very much looking forward to your progress.  How may interested parties connect with your efforts?  Are you providing your code for peer review at this time?  Are you willing to share a small subset of your collected data  (perhaps a few rounds)? 

Thanks,
Fox
Witness: fox

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
Looking forward to seeing the real time graph +5% +5% +5%
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Few notes:

I did 100 because it is good for calculating percentage. The math will need to be fixed as well, because it is based on last 100 produced blocks. But each produced block could have many missed delegates until it's produced.

So if in the last 100 produced blocks we had 20 missed blocks I show 80. However that's 20 out of 120 expected blocks missing.

I'll do much more over the weekend.

By the way the most consecutive misses were 5, which overall is not that bad.

Cheers!

Offline Riverhead

Very nice!!

Also - Isn't it the percentage of produced blocks rather than missed?  Otherwise we're in REALLY bad shape :D .