Author Topic: Network Health, Delegates Statistics and Block Tools  (Read 12514 times)

Offline bytemaster

Use the btsx://bitmeat/transfer url to request support and also include the robo hash. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline vikram

Minor: it's "reliability" not "realiability"

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Thank you, bytemaster!

I compiled 0.4.7. from scratch, which seems to be really stable so far. Site has rebuilt the data from scratch and is up and running again!

:)

Offline bytemaster

Hmm I did a fresh checkout of 0.4.5 and seems I'm stuck on block 284575.

Any ideas? This is on Ubuntu 14

Yes.. this is a known issue.   Try this work around.  Clear chain folder and connect via chain server:

https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/wiki/Using-Chain-Servers

We are preparing a fix for the next iteration.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Hmm I did a fresh checkout of 0.4.5 and seems I'm stuck on block 284575.

Any ideas? This is on Ubuntu 14

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Recompiling and will update shortly. In a perfect world hard forks won't happen, but they still do, so... it is what it is. :)

Thank you all for alerting me!

Offline GaltReport

Yeah, something's not right about it.  Probably just needs to be updated somehow.

Offline vikram

The website seems to be on a minority fork.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
That's a great idea and, you will soon see a "delegate profile page". Where can look at historical voting / reliability charts.

Offline king

• View Profile
Please forgive my poor English! ! !
About Delegates statistics, I think it is very good!
But I think the general BTSX users will not be too concerned about how many blocks delegate production, are more concerned about the reliability of the most recent Delegate, therefore, on this basis can provide delegate details:

Green triangle in the figure can be dragged to learn recently that the Delegate's reliability as whether to vote or concern basis.

Figure information just to show, of course, if you like,
 you can vote for my delegates "mister" or "delegate.mister",
 thanks!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 04:58:29 pm by king »
BTSX Account: mister
BTSX Delegate :sun.delegate.service,moon.delegate.service

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline GaltReport

I didn't know that.  That's cold man.

Think about it... let's say the slate for block production is as follows:

D1, D2, D3, D4, D5. Let's say D1 is a good honest guy and D2-D5 are playing dirty.

D1 produces a block, but as soon as he does, D2 builds a longer chain based on last block before D1 and marks it as missed. Then D3 confirms it, and so does D4 and D5. Now they have the longest chain of decent looking blocks. While good guy D1 has bad rep.
That's a shame but I guess I shouldn't be surprised.  Too bad there's no way to fix that.

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Directing a portion of my delegate pay to happypatty for the effort put forth on delegate statistics.

Thank you.

Appreciate the recognition of my efforts! Anything donated to bitmeat will help keep the monitoring service up & running, as it is not cheap.

Include a topic ID from this forum, and the senders name will automatically be highlited and listed in the donations section with a link to the topic on this forum. Amounts will not be shown, however they will be sorted in a descending order in the donations section.

e.g. if you include 6142 in the memo it would link to this thread. (Look in the URL web address in your browser you will see topic=6142)

100BTSX will be the minimum that will be processed using this system. If you want to be removed send again with "remove" in the memo, simple as that.

(this is work in progress, wanted to get some early feedback)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 03:27:05 am by happypatty »