Author Topic: A Personal Beyond Bitcoin Delegate?  (Read 1675 times)

Offline gamey

• View Profile
You guys asking for expenditures are not going to likely get it.  IMO everyone just needs to look at 2ish things.   What the burn rate is providing vs the value provided by the delegate.  Anything else is a waste of time.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 07:05:01 pm by gamey »
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
I don't get what the alternative for being paid is, or what you think a different delegate would provide beyond what you do ?  If you get voted out, it isn't a big deal.  We shut down the VPS and cancel the service.

The effort is in setting up and running 1 delegate.  Once you do that, and have the knowledge base, then my upkeeping multiple nodes is not an issue.  I really do not understand why this is would even be a big issue for you.  You've been around here for a long time, you have gained as much trust as anyone.  You'll have to rely on me initially, but perhaps that can be fixed at some point when the proper tools etc come into place.  It really is an easy job currently and if you can add value back to the ecosystem that you'd do anyway, then it is a synergistic life choice.  Worst case the node gets shutdown or we get kicked out as a delegate.  Oh well, life moves on.  If you are into collecting resume points, there is another one for you.

It isn't anything prestigious.  The network just needs dependable varied people to help prevent centralization.

Honestly, you could take 100% and work twitter really hard and you'd be giving back far more value than 95%+ of the delegates.
EASILY
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline onceuponatime

lol ., anyway! yes, I think people would vote for you. just document expenses and you'll be fine

Agree. As long as expenditures are visible and reasonable you will have my vote.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
lol ., anyway! yes, I think people would vote for you. just document expenses and you'll be fine

Offline bytemaster

Create that delegate and let voters decide.

I would but trying to consider A) if it is worth the time and B) if people think that it is a conflict of interest

No conflict... even ABL is a delegate. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline fuzzy

I would but trying to consider A) if it is worth the time and B) if people think that it is a conflict of interest
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG

Offline mint chocolate chip

You are a trustworthy, hard-working member of this community who has volunteered countless hours for many months. Having you as a delegate makes sense, and there is nothing wrong with rewarding yourself for your efforts.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 09:59:24 am by currencydebt »

Offline fuzzy

I have really been considering running a delegate to fund development of the Beyond Bitcoin sphere.  However, I have reservations about taking money for the good works I am trying to provide as I feel it might create the wrong incentives for me, personally. 

However, Gamey has expressed that he believes it is a smart idea for me to run one and start as early as possible.  He says I deserve it, but he might be biased because he is my buddy. 

So this thread is to ask the community what their opinions are...

I was definitely considering running a delegate to pay expressly for operating expenses, but that was as far as it went.  This delegate would be to pay--me.  Sounds crazy, but I would like honest assessments.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 09:28:30 am by fuznuts »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D