Author Topic: solution about the windows client crash  (Read 4379 times)

Offline laow

• View Profile
Everyone still crashing please try this version and let us know if the crashing is fixed: https://github.com/dacsunlimited/qt_wallet/releases/tag/v0.2.3.1

Hi vikram, I think you may need to pack the libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll. after installed, the two file should locate on the same dir with BitSharesX.exe, so the client can invoke them first.
BTS acount: laow

Xeldal

Everyone still crashing please try this version and let us know if the crashing is fixed: https://github.com/dacsunlimited/qt_wallet/releases/tag/v0.2.3.1

Mine still crashes.

Update:
After installing openssl 1.0.1h and running as Administrator , it seems to work so far.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 08:29:10 pm by Xeldal »

Offline vikram

chryspano

It worked for me too!

I was also asked to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributables before I could install openssl.

Everything works fine now!

Offline bytemaster

I installed 32bit/64bit binaries. Re-installed after deleting app data. Still crashed.

Did you restarted the system? if you have old 0.2.2 version installed, try run the command line version bitshares_client.exe, locates on same dir as BitSharesX.exe.
you must run bitshares_client.exe from the CMD, so we can see the error message.

Happy to report working after install and reboot!!!! How come this wallet requires the open ssl install?

good to see that :D

I think the wallet source invoke the openssl library, but did't packed the dependent dll file within the install file.  so the client use some other version opensll dll that your system have exist. need more tests to confirm that.

Great catch...  we are working to integrate the fix for the next release.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline laow

• View Profile
I installed 32bit/64bit binaries. Re-installed after deleting app data. Still crashed.

Did you restarted the system? if you have old 0.2.2 version installed, try run the command line version bitshares_client.exe, locates on same dir as BitSharesX.exe.
you must run bitshares_client.exe from the CMD, so we can see the error message.

Happy to report working after install and reboot!!!! How come this wallet requires the open ssl install?

good to see that :D

I think the wallet source invoke the openssl library, but did't packed the dependent dll file within the install file.  so the client use some other version opensll dll that your system have exist. need more tests to confirm that.

Offline wesphily

• View Profile

Offline laow

• View Profile

« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 04:38:23 am by laow »

Offline wesphily

• View Profile

Offline laow

• View Profile
give some feedback if it works or it doesn't, so we can help bm solve this problem.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 04:07:48 am by laow »

Offline yyh2o

• View Profile
+5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline laow

• View Profile
guys who have the crash problem, can try this solution. Empirical1 have tried it and it works.

install the openssl 1.0.1h binaeries from the website, see if it help.

http://slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html

download this one  “Win32 OpenSSL v1.0.1h”.  when installing  choose Copy OpenSSL DLLs to: The Windows system directory.

after installed you may need to  running the btsx client as administrator or reboot the system.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 05:15:07 pm by laow »