Author Topic: How do I import wallet from .json file on another computer?  (Read 5154 times)

Offline zonda

• View Profile
If you are using the GUI you cannot import the wallet.json yet. However, if you would like to put your wallet on another computer go to the BitShares X folder and copy the wallet folder to a flash drive. Put the wallet folder in the same location on the other computer and it should work

Which BitShares X folder? Is it the one in the Roaming folder or the one in the program files folder?

I assume the Roaming folder one.

Thanks

clout

If you are using the GUI you cannot import the wallet.json yet. However, if you would like to put your wallet on another computer go to the BitShares X folder and copy the wallet folder to a flash drive. Put the wallet folder in the same location on the other computer and it should work

Offline zonda

• View Profile
I even tried to do it manually like in BTC qt wallet by adding .json wallet backup to the roaming Bitshares X folder but I can not find what to replace.

Thanks guys

Offline zonda

• View Profile
Title really says it all. I have made a wallet backup in .json file on one computer, now I want to install a fresh copy of BTSX wallet to other computer and have my account there.

How do I do that? I tried to figure it out but it is very confusing and I am not getting it.

Thanks