Author Topic: Gentso delegate Bid, hosted by BITSUPERLAB, 10% Pay to marketing fund  (Read 2763 times)

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
The fact that you can revoke their access at any time does NOT mean they are not in control of the delegate.
For example they could alter the client and it is difficult for you to know that.

I was just pointing that if you state that:
 ""Support the network by supporting delegates who run ONE account"  wallet_approve_delegate bitsuperlab.gentso" you should lead by example.
Letting a company, controlling more than one delegate, operate yours is not consistent with your statment.

Anyway that is not a big concern for now. There are not enough trusted delegates anyway... for now.
The more diverse delegate locations the better.
The more diverse delegate operators the better.
I myself run multiple delegates... for now.

I just hope there could be some kind of delegate control/audit mechanism like the one I proposed here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7005.msg95472#msg95472

I agree and understand why you are asking. I think you are bringing a very good point to light, more diversity is better whether its location or operators and thats the only point I am trying to make. 

For the moment I am limited by my know how to run a node myself but I have a interest to learn and would very much like to be apart of the system. I am going to try to get with fuznuts tonight to learn more.

Can I ask you what advantages are their to running multiple delegates and what do you mean by "there are not enough trusted delegates"?  Please explain here or pm or any platform, you seem to have some knowledge and I would genuinely like to learn.

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
The fact that you can revoke their access at any time does NOT mean they are not in control of the delegate.
For example they could alter the client and it is difficult for you to know that.

I was just pointing that if you state that:
 ""Support the network by supporting delegates who run ONE account"  wallet_approve_delegate bitsuperlab.gentso" you should lead by example.
Letting a company, controlling more than one delegate, operate yours is not consistent with your statment.

Anyway that is not a big concern for now. There are not enough trusted delegates anyway... for now.
The more diverse delegate locations the better.
The more diverse delegate operators the better.
I myself run multiple delegates... for now.

I just hope there could be some kind of delegate control/audit mechanism like the one I proposed here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7005.msg95472#msg95472

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
I wanted to give a bump to bring attention to the fact that we have many delegates that are currently in the top 101 with multiple accounts run by the same person or company. I think that any consolidation on a network made up of only 101 entities presents a bad image and will in the future only give our competitors ammo to use against us.  Some will say, Gentso what harm is it that one company has 5 delegate accounts? Or the fact that many single users have 2-4 delegate accounts can we even make the statement 101 delegates? Sure they have different names but in reality we would be lucky to have 80 separate entities. Aside from the fact that it could look bad to outsider's looking at our network there is no good that comes out of it other then consolidating btsx into the hands of the few.

Lack of interest of people to become delegates.....nope I see 9 pages worth
Lack of tech know how.......maybe you can't tell what reliability is until a delegate has the opportunity to produce a block

Benefit of running multiple accounts...........none, that is unless you want to funnel more btsx into the same set of hands

"Support the network by supporting delegates who run ONE account"  wallet_approve_delegate bitsuperlab.gentso

Your delegate is controlled by bitsuperlab. This is centralisation unless they control only your delegate.

My delegate is run by bitsuperlab yes.
My server is out of amsterdam. I think it's a little different then when I have seen threads where a delegate is running more then one server out of his own house.  Also as I understand it as long as I control the private keys I have the control. bitsuperlab has the tech know how of how to run the delegate properly but as long as they are spaced throughout the world they are not physically in the same place. 
The other issue is consolidating the btsx into the hands of the few simply because because they are running 5 nodes. I am not saying that shares won't be consolidated just from market forces but this will help with distribution.

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
I wanted to give a bump to bring attention to the fact that we have many delegates that are currently in the top 101 with multiple accounts run by the same person or company. I think that any consolidation on a network made up of only 101 entities presents a bad image and will in the future only give our competitors ammo to use against us.  Some will say, Gentso what harm is it that one company has 5 delegate accounts? Or the fact that many single users have 2-4 delegate accounts can we even make the statement 101 delegates? Sure they have different names but in reality we would be lucky to have 80 separate entities. Aside from the fact that it could look bad to outsider's looking at our network there is no good that comes out of it other then consolidating btsx into the hands of the few.

Lack of tech know how.......maybe you can't tell what reliability is until a delegate has the opportunity to produce a block

Benefit of running multiple accounts...........none, that is unless you want to funnel more btsx into the same set of hands

"Support the network by supporting delegates who run ONE account"  wallet_approve_delegate bitsuperlab.gentso

Your delegate is controlled by bitsuperlab. This is centralisation unless they control only your delegate.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile

« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 11:50:11 pm by Gentso1 »

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile

My pay rate is set at 100% but I will donate 10% of my pay towards marketing. I want to help create a buzz around btsx and well buzzing costs money :).I have not decided 100% yet but I will in all likely-hood pool this marketing money with another delegate.

"I will donate 10% of my pay towards marketing" is a little lacking in specific details to get my vote. When you have some concrete proposals of how this 10% will be distributed try for my vote again.

That's a fair statement.  What I would like to do is to network with other delegates to start a delegate based marketing fund that many delegates contribute to. Many here have been harsh to Brian in the past, so I would like to start a separate campaign that would try different avenues to reach people (ie faucets, buying signature space, air time on LTB, air drops....etc). This joint fund would work off a simple 1 vote per delegate on different ideas that are tossed out. All addy's will of course be posted and I would actually have a more established member of the community manage the fund for transparency. The fund would be largely dependent on its budget so it is hard to make concrete promises without knowing how many active participants...but even the largest storms start with a single drop. 
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 10:40:12 pm by Gentso1 »

Offline onceuponatime

My pay rate is set at 100% but I will donate 10% of my pay towards marketing. I want to help create a buzz around btsx and well buzzing costs money :).I have not decided 100% yet but I will in all likely-hood pool this marketing money with another delegate.

"I will donate 10% of my pay towards marketing" is a little lacking in specific details to get my vote. When you have some concrete proposals of how this 10% will be distributed try for my vote again.

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
 +5% +5% +5%

bitsuperlab.gentso has the same system and technical support level as delegate "bitsuperlab", so it is recommended by bitsuperlab. Any share holder who have concerns about technical indexes, take it easy to approve our new star bitsuperlab.gentso
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 09:52:13 pm by HackFisher »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
As the title of the thread suggests, I am applying for a delegate position. I have been a lurker on these forums pre feb 28th snapshot. I may not be very vocal but I keep a very close eye on the forums. I have at times been a harsh critic of I3 but that is only because I want the best for their products and the community that supports them.

I do not have the tech know how, so I have partnered with http://www.bitsuperlab.com/ for hosting. Even though my delegate is not yet even in the running for one of the 101 spots, bitsuperlab.gentso is up and running and just waiting to be voted up. I believe that instead of garnering votes, the first order of business is to make sure the technical stuff is in place and working. Besides, as a delegate, your main job is to stay up and running. So why not get running first to show commitment, then work on getting votes.

My pay rate is set at 100% but I will donate 10% of my pay towards marketing. I want to help create a buzz around btsx and, well...buzz costs money :). I have not decided 100% yet, but I will in all likely-hood pool this marketing money with another delegate.

Another difference between me and other delegates is that I believe in "one person, one delegate". I will go on the record as stating I will never run another delegate account because I believe 101 separate people is important for a decentralized system. I also believe in the product and personally own 6 figures of btsx along with some pts and ags.

System stats
The delegate is running on a vps on digital ocean, the system is

4GB ram   60GB hd    amsterdam

Back-up vps with the same system settings is also setup in a different location to insure up time.

And finally I would like to make a big shout out to HackFisher, alt and their team at Bitsuperlab. They have made this process easy and trouble free and have provided a great service to the community.

So remember.....................>> wallet_approve_delegate bitsuperlab.gentso true

Delegate approved.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 10:33:45 pm by Gentso1 »