Author Topic: need help installing  (Read 2253 times)

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Thanks gamey,

I'm familiar with wine so maybe I'll try that first.  Which version of the wallet was working for you with wine?  Is that version still available / would it still work on the network (that old version)?

If that doesn't work I'll try to figure out what a PPA is and go that route.  It would be nice if the whole thing were somewhat easier to get installed.  Do you know if binaries are planned?

The newest version should be the best.  I haven't heard of any signficant regressions (or any at all).  So I would just get the latest released and go with that.  After you register your accounts, PLEASE do a backup and put it somewhere.  ALthough I suggest Wine, it really isn't tested or suggested.  I only suggested it for your situation in particular.  I for one had problems installing a new version over the old one in Wine, etc.  Not a signficant problem *IF* you have made a backup and keep track of the password.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline blahblah7up

• View Profile
Thanks gamey,

I'm familiar with wine so maybe I'll try that first.  Which version of the wallet was working for you with wine?  Is that version still available / would it still work on the network (that old version)?

If that doesn't work I'll try to figure out what a PPA is and go that route.  It would be nice if the whole thing were somewhat easier to get installed.  Do you know if binaries are planned?

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Thanks, but it's Debian.

This is a suggestion, but not suggested.  You can use PPA's on Debian.  Ubuntu is based on Debian, but I don't know other details.

http://blog.anantshri.info/howto-add-ppa-in-debian/  If you only add it for a bitshares-x ppa then I doubt it could mess up your system, but again this isn't tested.

The other option is to install the newest version of wine and try the windows version.  That worked ok for me, but I had issues upgrading, so I can't fully suggest doing that either.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline blahblah7up

• View Profile
Thanks, but it's Debian.

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
If you have ubuntu (or a distro that does PPAs from ubuntu), try:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=6108.0
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline diggndeeper

• View Profile
I'm in the same boat with Linux. I know you don't want to install the updated cmake without uninstalling the previous version. I'm using Linux Mint 17 and I find it unfortunate that a newer version isn't readily available in the repos. I'll report back if I figure it out.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 12:21:40 am by diggndeeper »

Offline blahblah7up

• View Profile
Trying to get the Dacsunlimited release 0.2.3 running.

I have an OSX computer and a Linux computer
.dmg file crashes - doesn't open (don't even get to a splash screen or anything like that)

I made it pretty far with the Linux distribution but I don't have cmake v. 2.8.12
Downloaded a tar.gz of 2.8.12.2 and can't get it installed.

I'm only moderately technical and really a very new Linux user.

Any help?