Author Topic: Bitshares X Balance incorrect.  (Read 2635 times)

Offline vikram

For clarification, you're saying you deleted a .log file and it fixed things ?

Do any devs thing this could be true?  Or was it likely fixed by something else ?

He is referring to a LevelDB .log file. So there seems to be some database corruption going on here.

Offline Ykw

• View Profile
Great thread... sticky this for BTSX wallet please! Solved my pending transactions. and other dependent problems too.

Also noticed that it was not re-scanning the blockchain correctly too because the delegate approval increased.. without any of anything else do changed... found it weird.. and did the usual wallet delete, wallet import (via priv keys) and rescan/download...

What I found that could make the issue happen again.. is when there is need for a transaction before the blockchain is sync.. and you close the wallet.. then latter some time.. you reopen.. it will only start scanning from the date it "re-opens". Not sure. but this was the feel I got.

Offline Myshadow

• View Profile
Hi Gamey,

deleting the log made the balance show up, but the wallet wasn't scanning the blockchain properly(realised after creating another wallet on a seperate PC and transferring to my faulty wallet.) despite issuing console commands to rescan.

The following fixed my issues.

Cheers!

Code: [Select]
wallet_dump_private_key <address_or_public_key>
used public key for <address_or_public_key>(account name didn't work)copied private key and account name to a secure place.

Quit out of Bitshares X

Deleted entire default directory out of appdata\roaming\Bitshares X\wallets\ (BACKUP DEFAULT DIRECTORY JUST IN CASE!!!!!!)

loaded up bitshares X > accepted EULA > Input Secure Password to create new wallet > cancelled account creation and went to console.

wallet_import_private_key <wif_key> [account_name] true true
Where <wif_key> is the copied private key and [account_name] is the account name you copied previously. This got me a clean account back but i don't know whether it actually was rescanning the blockchain or not... coz no funds showed up. i also ran the following just to make sure(probably unneeded)

wallet_rescan_blockchain 1 90000   
funds showed up after 5 or 10 minutes.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 01:50:36 am by Myshadow »

Offline gamey

• View Profile

For clarification, you're saying you deleted a .log file and it fixed things ?

Do any devs thing this could be true?  Or was it likely fixed by something else ?
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Myshadow

• View Profile
Update... deleted the 0000XX.log file from the "wallets" directory and balance is restored

Offline Myshadow

• View Profile
Can anyone help with this? my wallet has become corrupted, I created with bitsharesx 0.2.1 and have a json backup after creation. Installed 0.2.3 and things didn't seem to be working ie: transactions would get stuck at pending. deleted all the directories and files except the wallets dir - reinstalled 0.2.1 and now i have no funds apparently...

Below looks ok...

>> wallet_account_transaction_history myshadow 1 90000 BTSX

shows up all the transactions

But then!

>> wallet_account_balance myshadow

No balances found.

Tried Importing the json backup because i would assume that the wallet files have become corrupted somehow and get the below issue.

>> wallet_create_from_json C:\TMP\wallet.json myshadow
20019 file_not_found: file not found
Filename to import from could not be found!
    {"filename":"C:TMPwallet.json"}
    bitshares  wallet.cpp:1020 bts::wallet::wallet::create_from_json

Can someone help please?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 10:40:49 pm by Myshadow »