Author Topic: Dev Voice Hangout Time Change Reminder!  (Read 2279 times)

Offline fuzzy

No man...im just a guy who wants to help in the little ways he can. I have no doubt others can do it better...but until they decide to give it a try, noone will ever know.

I am so thankful for all of you and all of the others who have supported and empowered this vision. With special consideration for Dan, jabba, gamey, cass, delulo, joeyd, brian and so many others.  It just feels good to know that through crypto we have the freedom to change the world....

In a world that mostly prefers the Kardashians over freedom and liberty for all, this place is my oasis...because of all of you.  Ok...enough sappy shit. I have a doc appt to attend.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
+5% fuznuts for CommunityManager!!

Offline fuzzy

Plus
 * BitShares Vote: There are still some undiscussed issues with it as can be seen from the ANN thread
This is a good one. 

It would be great to hear from other devs as well as those that are proposing other DACs. Even if the DACs are still in the conceptual stage or an idea that you're hoping someone else will run with.
  • It would be great to hear from Toast since his KeyID and DNS DAC are generating a lot of buzz.  His video was great but I'm sure a lot of people would love to engage him in real time.
  • Bitshares Go - feedthemcake came up with an idea for a sponsorship DAC.  It's in the concept phase and a mumble would be a great chance for some brainstorming.
  • Fantasybits - SatoshiFantacy has a pretty fleshed out idea for implementing fantasy football on a blockchain.  Would be great to have a Q&A/BS session about the idea.
It doesn't have to be fuznuts that sets these up.  He's created a great platform for these talks to happen and it's up to us to use it.

BIN-GO! 

So nice to hear those words out of someone else's finger tips!  There are going to be so many opportunities for people in this community to team up with each other to provide significant value to the entire ecosystem and, thus, their investment. 

I am actually chatting with our Chinese community as we speak about the same things--so lets see where it goes. 

As far as running other hangouts.  I am actually not completely against taking another day each week to sit down and run the hangout with others, but it is always best if others show up and record it to be propagated as their own.  The way I am trying to run things is to create and run these hangouts, and enable journalists and crypto-fanatics to show up and "report" on it. 
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 11:59:46 am by fuznuts »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Plus
 * BitShares Vote: There are still some undiscussed issues with it as can be seen from the ANN thread

Offline Riverhead

It would be great to hear from other devs as well as those that are proposing other DACs. Even if the DACs are still in the conceptual stage or an idea that you're hoping someone else will run with.
  • It would be great to hear from Toast since his KeyID and DNS DAC are generating a lot of buzz.  His video was great but I'm sure a lot of people would love to engage him in real time.
  • Bitshares Go - feedthemcake came up with an idea for a sponsorship DAC.  It's in the concept phase and a mumble would be a great chance for some brainstorming.
  • Fantasybits - SatoshiFantacy has a pretty fleshed out idea for implementing fantasy football on a blockchain.  Would be great to have a Q&A/BS session about the idea.
It doesn't have to be fuznuts that sets these up.  He's created a great platform for these talks to happen and it's up to us to use it.

Offline fuzzy

I have been reading and would like to ask each of you if you would like me to continue with Dan on a weekly basis or if you would like me to try to start getting other bitshares Devs into these hangouts for, say, half of the hangouts. 

I love all of our hangouts with Dan, but I also know he is very busy and is probably about to become even moreso over the coming months.  I also wonder if it is getting closer to a time when we should start unleashing the Brilliant Devs that Dan has brought on to help build this new DAC economy. 

Please give your honest assessments. 

Also, please be aware that if any of you know of developers who are interested in building their own DACs, it would be wonderful to see others take the initiative and start their own Dev Hangouts with them.  I will smile so much when I someday am simply "in attendance" for a hangout that someone else started just because "no one else was doing it".  Remember...this is for all of you.  No Gates. No payment necessary.  No king-makers.  Just the shareholders, their vision and voices. 

It is important to acknowledge the value of all people's opinions...and the platform we are building intends to help us reach the lofty goal of enabling such acknowledgement.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 07:23:50 am by fuznuts »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
ok .. so I can try to join you guys this friday 9pm(europe)

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
That is Friday 9 pm in Europe. Will work most of the time for me.

Why not just any other day of the week? ;)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 02:48:24 pm by delulo »

Offline Riverhead

It's a good service and I look forward to next Friday.  I was sadly preoccupied for most of this week's conference however listening to the perspectives of a few of our community members was interesting; more than what you get in text.

Offline bytemaster

So are Fridays at 3pm your time a good time?  I never liked Saturday mornings.

Yes, Friday at 3 PM works for me.  Adding it to my calendar.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
So are Fridays at 3pm your time a good time?  I never liked Saturday mornings. 
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline bytemaster

Dan gets on the Beyond Bitcoin Mumble server every week to update shareholders on the project and to answer questions. 

This is just a reminder that the time has been changed! I know it is stickied at the top of this forum section, but wanted to give everyone another heads up just in case they didn't notice.  We go live at 3pm EST.

Dang it... I got busy and forgot about the change!  My apologies for not showing up guys.  My mental alarm told me I had something this afternoon but for the life of me I couldn't remember what it was.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline fuzzy

Dan gets on the Beyond Bitcoin Mumble server every week to update shareholders on the project and to answer questions. 

This is just a reminder that the time has been changed! I know it is stickied at the top of this forum section, but wanted to give everyone another heads up just in case they didn't notice.  We go live at 3pm EST.