Author Topic: [ SNAPSHOT: 8/21 ] DNS  (Read 48078 times)

Offline nethyb

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nethyb

Offline Riverhead

After reading through the .p2p site I can honestly say this has me super excited. I've long lamented the centralized nature of dns registration.
Perhaps because I'm more technical than business minded and just "get" this product I'm more excited about this release than BitsharesX.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
I have a feeling that I've missed a bit of discussion on this, but could someone explain what kind of gap we can expect between the theoretical maximum delegate dilution and a true delegate dilution? Does the gap come from delegate pay rate?

7bn delegate subsidy, about 45% of the pool paid out per year. Remember, this is a theoretical maximum! Realistically you will not have 7bn new tokens printed for the delegates!

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
+5% .. nice release .. are we supposed to add content to the wiki.bitshares.org site too?

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 02:55:14 pm by CLains »

Offline Riverhead

The Red Power Toast gets to Test D/POwerS of DPOS!!

Nothing but a bold goddamn move, excited and terrified and elated on your behalf :D

How are squatters going to be handled?

The whole concept of .p2p was conceived to avoid squatting with a clever auction-style selling of names.

Thank!  That URL should be in the OP.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
@CLains I'm familiar with the auction style technique. However, a big company would not participate in an extortion model. They are unlikely to care early on, and 5 years from now they'll prefer something easier to move over. Like keybase.io

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
 +5% +5%

Woot Woot! Can't wait to see the final results and the action on the PTS price! Not that I'm going to sell, I sure want my DNS shares!

Good job Toast!

Offline 天籁

• View Profile
以DNS为例,一个代表第一年平均可以挖到3150万。凑够当选票数的几个人合伙挖一年(100%自留),第二年再挖1400万,后面不干了。谁来买单?奈何?

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
The Red Power Toast gets to Test D/POwerS of DPOS!!

Nothing but a bold goddamn move, excited and terrified and elated on your behalf :D

How are squatters going to be handled?

The whole concept of .p2p was conceived to avoid squatting with a clever auction-style selling of names.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 12:39:46 pm by CLains »

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline GaltReport

If I may suggest, to ensure long term involvement and participation from established businesses. Make sure people with .com domains can somehow claim them. This will eliminate squatting names like Facebook, Microsoft, etc. perhaps if they can digitally sign using the DNS records you can award to their public key. Think long term 5 years from now.
+5%

Offline Riverhead

If I may suggest, to ensure long term involvement and participation from established businesses. Make sure people with .com domains can somehow claim them. This will eliminate squatting names like Facebook, Microsoft, etc. perhaps if they can digitally sign using the DNS records you can award to their public key. Think long term 5 years from now.

This. No one wants to play that game again. How are squatters going to be handled?

UPDATE: It's explained here - http://dotp2p.io/faq/index.php#faq-squatting
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 01:05:22 pm by Riverhead »