Author Topic: Update would be great please..  (Read 2444 times)

Offline NineLives

• View Profile
    • BITCOIN TALK PROFILE
Thank you all for the superb responses.  I'm gona get on it first thing in the morning.  I will post back.  Once again thank you.
Keyhotee / BTSX:  Merah    PTS:  PskEDN4AeWc1trW4zV7DGGTQi3y5LeVhFR 

BTC Mining Hardware IN STOCK NOW:  http://www.mininghardware.co.uk

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
Hi guys,

I'm soo sorry to fire these questions but I keep falling behind of our new BTS world and I hope you guys can help me catch up.

2)   I'm excited to see the new wallet, however, I can't seem to make an account from inside the app?

Yes, this is a problem. The fact that you have to do this at all. And the fact you are obviously someone who's familiar with BTS but you can't find this information without asking for it, shows how poorly this part of the set up process has been communicated.

if you want, just find your public key. it looks like this BTSX7N3PmjQGAssnAJP31uxewW9tsJ2SuBRqQnKPZjArazmqgFWDns, post it, and i'll send you a tiny bit to get started.

Thanks rockstar :) I've got my account going nicely thanks and it actually wasn't that hard to figure out.

It's just creates a small barrier to entry when you can't just download the wallet and withdraw to it I feel.

On BTT the first thread on BitShares is on page 3 and it's someone asking how to fund the account - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=723236.0

(So that's a problem when people's first experience is that problem and I also think it's negative that we're not maintaining any threads there that rank higher. I used to make an effort myself but I'm not 100% behind the sharedrops and 1st year equity release for the upcoming snapshot so I don't think I can personally promote them.)

i figured you did :P was quoting you but speaking to OP, my bad.

maybe there should be a one-click faucet built right into the client.

+5% Yeah that would be great, I think there was a plan for something like that.

I'm sure the developers must be busy with loads of stuff though.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 06:10:17 pm by Empirical1 »

merockstar

Hi guys,

I'm soo sorry to fire these questions but I keep falling behind of our new BTS world and I hope you guys can help me catch up.

2)   I'm excited to see the new wallet, however, I can't seem to make an account from inside the app?

Yes, this is a problem. The fact that you have to do this at all. And the fact you are obviously someone who's familiar with BTS but you can't find this information without asking for it, shows how poorly this part of the set up process has been communicated.

if you want, just find your public key. it looks like this BTSX7N3PmjQGAssnAJP31uxewW9tsJ2SuBRqQnKPZjArazmqgFWDns, post it, and i'll send you a tiny bit to get started.

Thanks rockstar :) I've got my account going nicely thanks and it actually wasn't that hard to figure out.

It's just creates a small barrier to entry when you can't just download the wallet and withdraw to it I feel.

On BTT the first thread on BitShares is on page 3 and it's someone asking how to fund the account - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=723236.0

(So that's a problem when people's first experience is that problem and I also think it's negative that we're not maintaining any threads there that rank higher. I used to make an effort myself but I'm not 100% behind the sharedrops and 1st year equity release for the upcoming snapshot so I don't think I can personally promote them.)

i figured you did :P was quoting you but speaking to OP, my bad.

maybe there should be a one-click faucet built right into the client.

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
Hi guys,

Ggozzo

You can import your BTC and/or PTS privatekey to get your funds. For Whichever address you donated from.

You need funds to create an account name.

Trading of the BitAssets has not been implemented yet. You can only trade BTSX on an outside exchange or send it around to different accounts.

No mining. You invest in BTSX and hope it goes up. There are no real dividends. Just a "share buy back" that comes in the form of destroyed transaction fees. I want to say over 200k have been destroyed already.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 05:13:31 pm by skyscraperfarms »

merockstar

Hi guys,

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
Hi guys,

merockstar

1)   Ok, so my first question:  A while back, I donated BTC and PTS to AGS.  What now?

Was it before February 28th? Search this forum for instructions on how to import into a BTSX wallet. www1.agsexplorer.com to check your balance. remember to include change addresses.

Was it after Feb. 28th? Your AGS will get you funds in the upcoming snapshots but you have no BTSX. You can buy BTSX from Bter or btc38 if you want.

It takes a small fee to register an account. But you can still generate a private key to send yourself that initial fee.
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=6109.msg82102#msg82102

3)   When can we start trading?

Been trading for a few weeks now on BTER and BTC38

4)   What do I need to look into to invest / earn?  What do I mine?

mining is so 2012.

Just do your due diligence on BTSX, BitShares PTS, and the upcoming DACs, then throw money at it when you feel comfortable enough.

Offline NineLives

• View Profile
    • BITCOIN TALK PROFILE
Hi guys,

1)   Ok, so my first question:  A while back, I donated BTC and PTS to AGS.  What now?
3)   When can we start trading?
4)   What do I need to look into to invest / earn?  What do I mine?

Yes, I understand my questions may have a massive response and I apologies in advance if the questions have already been answered.  I've tried reading lots but I've now fried my brain and completely lost.

Thank you.
Keyhotee / BTSX:  Merah    PTS:  PskEDN4AeWc1trW4zV7DGGTQi3y5LeVhFR 

BTC Mining Hardware IN STOCK NOW:  http://www.mininghardware.co.uk