Author Topic: BTC38: Why do we using Facebook log in our english site.  (Read 5708 times)

Offline Sage

• View Profile
Any updates on alternate login options?

Offline GaltReport

Please please please pretty please provide another way to log in other then face book, Anyway.
2fa is secure and fb accounts are hacked all the time.
I don't want to social network I just want to trade.

+5%

Offline Markus

• View Profile
Is there still no possibility to get a btc38.com login without using social media? I've been waiting for that for nearly a year and had hoped the English version would implement it.

Well, I'll stick to bter.com as I have for all my other previous BitShares trading. :(

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
Yeh, the facebook login is a bunch of BS.   People in the US are trying to get away from facebook since the government is using artificial intelligence with social networking websites to legally spy on it's citizens.

You guys spent a lot of time implementing this Facebook login and no one is going to like it.   I'm eager to open an account at the BTC38 exchange....  could you guys please make better authentication methods a priority?

Well,even if you login with email,CIA can still track you unless you use a TOR network.

Hey,if you don't mind being spy by the Chinese,you can use QQ login.That a popular IM messaging software in China. :P
It has a international  version.It pretty much can do everything that ICQ does and then some.

The government can track you even if you use Tor. If you're trying to hide from the NSA then you shouldn't go online at all.

I think most people who want to trade on an exchange are not paranoid of the NSA. If you're that paranoid why would you be using a centralized exchange in the first place? If you think the NSA is monitoring your communications then why would you go online?

So you actually have to weigh convenience against security. Is the risk of an NSA attack very high even if they monitor everything you do? No not really. And if they are going to attack you do you really think they don't know everything about you going back for years already that they would need to worry about one website?

The risk of an NSA attack is extremely low. The risk of government conspiracies targeting you directly is also extremely low. If you're in a place where there is a civil war going on then the risks would be very high that the CIA and NSA will mess with you but in the United States these risks are very low.

To calculate the risk you have to look at the frequency of attack occurrence and the level of damage caused by the attack.   The biggest risk from the government according to an actual risk assessment would be the FBI, DEA, SEC, not the CIA, NSA. To verify my claim look up the amount of actual arrests, confiscations and court cases which have occurred and you will find the vast majority have come from the FBI/DEA/SEC.

You are more likely to be scammed by organized crime than to be pulled into a CIA plot. The paranoia on these forums at times does not help because it slows innovation. This paranoia includes the paranoia about the SEC which so far has only acted infrequently, when it did act against Erik Vorhees the fine was also very small compared to the amount of money made and jobs created.

http://www.coindesk.com/sec-eric-voorhees-deal-unauthorized-securities-sales/

$50,000 is what he had to pay for his crime. He probably made millions of dollars and created jobs for the industry in exchange for that. So when calculating the risk you can look at this particular consequence as an indication of the level of risk in issuing unauthorized securities and while I'm not pushing the idea that people should go do that we should at least come up with some realistic risk calculations from the facts of history.

By the way luckybit, I do agree that "everyone" is not trying to get away from facebook, but not everyone wants everyone to know every personal detail about their life.   I just want to trade, not give everyone my facebook account.  Also, the less information you distributed across the internet the less you open yourself up to identity theft.   Also, I thought the whole purpose of Invictus Technologies was to create a decentralized  trustless authentication system and remove third party authentication ... this goes against that goal.   I do understand BTC38 is not part of Invictus, but I'm assuming most people in this forum are supporting the principles Invictus has laid out.

It would be great to engage the Chinese community on this and get their thoughts. If they feel like we do about it perhaps they are in a uniquely better position to help us get this changed or at least give us another login option.

Offline educatedwarrior

• View Profile
Yeh, the facebook login is a bunch of BS.   People in the US are trying to get away from facebook since the government is using artificial intelligence with social networking websites to legally spy on it's citizens.

You guys spent a lot of time implementing this Facebook login and no one is going to like it.   I'm eager to open an account at the BTC38 exchange....  could you guys please make better authentication methods a priority?

Well,even if you login with email,CIA can still track you unless you use a TOR network.

Hey,if you don't mind being spy by the Chinese,you can use QQ login.That a popular IM messaging software in China. :P
It has a international  version.It pretty much can do everything that ICQ does and then some.

The government can track you even if you use Tor. If you're trying to hide from the NSA then you shouldn't go online at all.

I think most people who want to trade on an exchange are not paranoid of the NSA. If you're that paranoid why would you be using a centralized exchange in the first place? If you think the NSA is monitoring your communications then why would you go online?

So you actually have to weigh convenience against security. Is the risk of an NSA attack very high even if they monitor everything you do? No not really. And if they are going to attack you do you really think they don't know everything about you going back for years already that they would need to worry about one website?

The risk of an NSA attack is extremely low. The risk of government conspiracies targeting you directly is also extremely low. If you're in a place where there is a civil war going on then the risks would be very high that the CIA and NSA will mess with you but in the United States these risks are very low.

To calculate the risk you have to look at the frequency of attack occurrence and the level of damage caused by the attack.   The biggest risk from the government according to an actual risk assessment would be the FBI, DEA, SEC, not the CIA, NSA. To verify my claim look up the amount of actual arrests, confiscations and court cases which have occurred and you will find the vast majority have come from the FBI/DEA/SEC.

You are more likely to be scammed by organized crime than to be pulled into a CIA plot. The paranoia on these forums at times does not help because it slows innovation. This paranoia includes the paranoia about the SEC which so far has only acted infrequently, when it did act against Erik Vorhees the fine was also very small compared to the amount of money made and jobs created.

$50,000 is what he had to pay for his crime. He probably made millions of dollars and created jobs for the industry in exchange for that. So when calculating the risk you can look at this particular consequence as an indication of the level of risk in issuing unauthorized securities and while I'm not pushing the idea that people should go do that we should at least come up with some realistic risk calculations from the facts of history.

By the way luckybit, I do agree that "everyone" is not trying to get away from facebook, but not everyone wants everyone to know every personal detail about their life.   I just want to trade, not give everyone my facebook account.  Also, the less information you distributed across the internet the less you open yourself up to identity theft.   Also, I thought the whole purpose of Invictus Technologies was to create a decentralized  trustless authentication system and remove third party authentication ... this goes against that goal.   I do understand BTC38 is not part of Invictus, but I'm assuming most people in this forum are supporting the principles Invictus has laid out.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 11:25:22 am by educatedwarrior »
BTSX: codeblooded   |   PTS: PiiQ6ZECCRYawcZFc8ZGbvjuCjCnBVuPjA
BTSX delegate: wallet_approve_delegate codeblooded true

Offline educatedwarrior

• View Profile
Please please please pretty please provide another way to log in other then face book, Anyway.

Thank you Gentso.    I agree.   

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 04:01:18 pm by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

People in the USA are not trying to get away from Facebook. Use statistics when making arguments. The fact is that Facebook is so popular in the USA that most people have Facebook so Facebook is the best way to login.

There should be other alternatives to balance it out but social login is what most people prefer at this time and that isn't going to change until we have KeyID or something.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline educatedwarrior

• View Profile

« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 11:31:04 am by educatedwarrior »

Offline testz

What about a btsx login

Proper way it's BitShares DNS login it's will have KeyID and all required infrastructure for it.

clout

Offline johncitizen

• View Profile
I dont like it one bit but I need to access the deep liquidity over at the BTSX/CNY pairings. Will be glad to hear when other login methods are activated  :D

Offline Btc38

• View Profile
BTC38: One step a footprint is true

Offline Btc38

• View Profile
BTC38: Why do we using Facebook log in our english site.

Because it is more safe and convenient than other methods.

Question 1: Will you get my private message when we launch your site.
No, Facebook will not reveal their customer’s private to public.

Question 2: How does Facebook relation to our site.
First when you login Facebook API, Facebook will generate an random but unique ID to us, without any other information. When we got ID from Facebook, we will make a bond between your ID and a account.

Question 3: Why you say it is more safe than using email?
Facebook account is more safe than usual email accounts.
You can enable login approvals. Require a security code to access your account from unknown browsers.
You can enable Login Notifications. Facebook can notify you when your account is accessed from a computer or mobile device that you haven't used before by email or Text message.

Question 4: Will you add email to be your login methods in the future.
Yes.
BTC38: One step a footprint is true