Author Topic: Market use cases other than election voting?  (Read 2291 times)

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
Hi Adam!  :) Just had a chance to look briefly at followmyvote. It seems from the site, that followmyvote is being pushed as mainly an alternative election voting system. Do you think you may face the problem Thomas Edison did with his first invention?   

Thomas Edison’s first invention patent (#90,646) was an electric voting machine. He spent a lot of time and effort on it. The machine was a marvelous vote tabulating machine, but Edison discovered that the last thing politicians wanted was a machine that could count votes accurately.
See more at: http://marketingconfessions.com/2011/07/thomas-edisons-7-billion-dollar-marketing-and-promotions/#sthash.pcRHpTXp.dpuf

Having said that it seems like there are a lot of other applications for the Vote DAC as well, like internet polls, perhaps distribution of crypto-currencies, shares, or samples to truly unique individuals and not bots, market research would be the big one.

Do you envisage building up support for it's efficacy by using some of these smaller use cases as a proving ground?

Why are their polls on the current site that ask me about US elections, surely the site doesn't know if I'm unique/bot & I'm actually from another country so my opinion would not be wanted by people interested in those poll results? 
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 07:14:00 pm by Empirical1 »