Author Topic: Bitsapphire taking over forum maintenance and development  (Read 50245 times)

Offline serejandmyself

• View Profile
What feed is used for the BTSX price on this forum? For the last couple of days, it seem to always overstate the current market price.

i thought it understated ))) i.e. right now on coinmarketcap it shows 10 satoshi more
btsx - bitsharesrussia

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
What feed is used for the BTSX price on this forum? For the last couple of days, it seem to always overstate the current market price.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline testz

I am not pushing, because I have no issues with SMF.

I'm very happy with current forum software, color theme, fonts and font sizes, layout, Tapatalk, etc. Will be good idea if we will make some kind of beta test before moving to new forum software.

I don't think there are many users who dislike the current forum.  My main thing is that I am considering restarting the bounty for SMF/btsx login now that I am more or less done with Genesis block for DNS DAC (god save me).  If I write plugin I can install it on my own forum, but if this forum changes that leaves only bitcointalk and I have 0 clue whether theymos would be open to the idea.  So I'm trying to gauge where this site is headed softwarewise.  Although I'd be paid the bounty regardless assuming BM still wants it done, I do my best to have my work be synergistic and I'm not sure there is much value in me having it only on my own minor forum.

Definitely after BitShares DNS will be released we should make plugin to our forum and show to everybody how DNS DAC can be used.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

I'm very happy with current forum software, color theme, fonts and font sizes, layout, Tapatalk, etc. Will be good idea if we will make some kind of beta test before moving to new forum software.

I don't think there are many users who dislike the current forum.  My main thing is that I am considering restarting the bounty for SMF/btsx login now that I am more or less done with Genesis block for DNS DAC (god save me).  If I write plugin I can install it on my own forum, but if this forum changes that leaves only bitcointalk and I have 0 clue whether theymos would be open to the idea.  So I'm trying to gauge where this site is headed softwarewise.  Although I'd be paid the bounty regardless assuming BM still wants it done, I do my best to have my work be synergistic and I'm not sure there is much value in me having it only on my own minor forum. 
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline testz

Offline gamey

• View Profile

However, I am curious what is the earliest date we can expect new forum software?  Is this still in the works?  Postponed indefinitely?
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
If you want to change forums, I will donate enough BitShares for a vbulletin forum software it is the best, as used by the top forum operators in the world found here, http://www.thebiggestboards.com/ .  (There use to be www.big-boards.com which had a better useface but for some reason it disappeared.)

If you look at http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/ it is the cleanest and best looking.

I would prefer that a group of us donated to buying the vbulletin, as it builds community among serious members/users.

I was wrong, this is good.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
If you want to change forums, I will donate enough BitShares for a vbulletin forum software it is the best, as used by the top forum operators in the world found here, http://www.thebiggestboards.com/ .  (There use to be www.big-boards.com which had a better useface but for some reason it disappeared.)

If you look at http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/ it is the cleanest and best looking.

I would prefer that a group of us donated to buying the vbulletin, as it builds community among serious members/users.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
ON this forum, it would be better for communication among users and the development of a community for "My Messages" at the top to display a (1) or (2) beside it if there are 1 or 2 unread messages.

Offline bitsapphire

BTSX price ticker added.

current price 0.00 BTC? I assume not enough decimals places to display it? wouldn't in USD be more appropriate anyway?

That would need a double conversion and can lead to huge real price differences. We have implemented for http://dotp2p.io/ a similar USD conversion script. Double conversion works well with PTS because decimal points aren't that important. BTSX is too decimal dependent at this point.

We'll look into the FF and IE AJAX issues tomorrow.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 09:14:04 pm by bitsapphire »
Register and get your personal Moonstone Wallet Beta here: https://moonstone.io/login-register.html

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
BTSX price ticker added.

current price 0.00 BTC? I assume not enough decimals places to display it? wouldn't in USD be more appropriate anyway?
+5%

Offline cygnify

• View Profile
BTSX price ticker added.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
BTSX price ticker added.
says:

Current BTSX Buy Price : 0.00 BTC

maybe add some more precision .. although we won't need them if this goes on ...

Offline bitsapphire

BTSX price ticker added.

Edit: We took it down again. Firefox and IE had issues with our AJAX.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 09:02:47 pm by bitsapphire »
Register and get your personal Moonstone Wallet Beta here: https://moonstone.io/login-register.html

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I would suggest not to make any big changes on the forum right now! Only "tweaks"...
Maybe a couple of months later when we have many  more members due  the success we are witnessing...
Then we would have a better feeling what the majority expects from this forum.