Author Topic: snapshot planned for 08/21  (Read 5425 times)

Offline testz

Thanks testz, I didn't remember that the trading stops.

TESTZ
if so we can check bter bitshare-PTS open/close trading to understand when snapshot is start/end

snapshot start --> BTER stop bitshare-PTS trading

snapshot taken --> BTER restart bitshare-PTS trading

right?

Probably yes, but you don't need to looking for snapshot on Bter because snapshot will happened at last block of PTS at 21 August 23:59:59 GMT, you can look only for current GMT time and you will know that snapshot happened (to be safe add 5 min).

just 5min to take snapshot???
so it wil be done at 22 August 00:005:00?

thankyou testz!!

Snapshot it's a taking balances at specific block, it's will be taken at the last block of 21 August, so last block which close to 23:59:59 will be counted as snapshot block.
If you have PTS funds in your wallet at this block you will get shares in new coming DACs, if if suddenly you send your fund for somebody else just minute ago and at snapshot block your balance is 0 you will not get shares in new coming DACs, I think it's clear now.
The exact block of snapshot important only for investors which want to get shares and sell their PTS, if you long time investor, probably you don't need to know exact PTS block which is counted as snapshot block.

38PTSWarrior

Offline unsoindovo

• View Profile

TESTZ
if so we can check bter bitshare-PTS open/close trading to understand when snapshot is start/end

right?

Probably yes, but you don't need to looking for snapshot on Bter because snapshot will happened at last block of PTS at 21 August 23:59:59 GMT, you can look only for current GMT time and you will know that snapshot happened (to be safe add 5 min).

just 5min to take snapshot???
so it wil be done at 22 August 00:005:00?

thankyou testz!!

Offline testz

TESTZ

right?

Offline unsoindovo

• View Profile

TESTZ

right?

38PTSWarrior

Offline testz

Yes, that would be helpful.

Last time Bter stop PTS trading 2 hours before snapshot and 2 hours after, in this case this indication is pointless.

38PTSWarrior

Yes, that would be helpful.

Offline unsoindovo

• View Profile
Do you know if the Snapshot PTS_S will be displayed in real-time? I want to sell the PTS directly afterwards.

this could be really appreciated...
it will be sufficient a site with flag with a big text:

BEFOR SNAPSHOT END

SNAMPSHOT NOT COMPLETED

AFTER SNAPSHOT END

SNAMPSHOT COMPLETED

do you think will be possible?

38PTSWarrior

Do you know if the Snapshot PTS_S will be displayed in real-time? I want to sell the PTS directly afterwards.

Offline wesphily

• View Profile
That's for bter to know. It is how they can provide value over other exchanges.

38PTSWarrior

How will Bter send me my snapshot?

Offline yellowecho

Just keep your PTS in the wallet until the countdown ends on 8/21.  A new wallet for DNS will be available when testing is complete which should only be a couple weeks.  Once you get the new DNS wallet you can import your PTS wallet and receive your new DNS shares.

Previous comments have stated to expect the price of PTS to fall after 8/21 since its value is derived from the new DNS and VOTE stakes.
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline unsoindovo

• View Profile
Even for those that do speak English it is very difficult to understand. (I still think this is on purpose.) Owning btsx before/on/after 8/21 means nothing. Owning angelshares/pts means that you will get a % of dns/voting dacs when they are released. You must have pts in your local wallet or on an exchange that will honor it for you.

ok.. i have bitshare-PTS on my wallet..
so there will be a new coin?
it will be named bitshare dns/votin?
or what name it will have?

thank you for the small but clear how to :-)

after the 8/21 you can expect a fall in the price of PTS, because the buyers will discount the snapshots for VOTE and DNS.

when the wallets of DNS and VOTE are released you have to import your privat key into the wallets to claim your VOTE and DNS shares you got for owning PTS at 8/21.

ok.. if so it will be the same of Bitshare-X and LottoShares?

right?

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
Even for those that do speak English it is very difficult to understand. (I still think this is on purpose.) Owning btsx before/on/after 8/21 means nothing. Owning angelshares/pts means that you will get a % of dns/voting dacs when they are released. You must have pts in your local wallet or on an exchange that will honor it for you.

ok.. i have bitshare-PTS on my wallet..
so there will be a new coin?
it will be named bitshare dns/votin?
or what name it will have?

thank you for the small but clear how to :-)

after the 8/21 you can expect a fall in the price of PTS, because the buyers will discount the snapshots for VOTE and DNS.

when the wallets of DNS and VOTE are released you have to import your privat key into the wallets to claim your VOTE and DNS shares you got for owning PTS at 8/21.