Author Topic: Please Help Recover Wallet Using Json File (Resolved)  (Read 7565 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
While scanning the transactions I noticed that I'm missing most of my genesis transactions.  How do I get those back?
you need to import your PTS private keys to the corresponding stake .. or import your complete wallet.dat ... is easier

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
While scanning the transactions I noticed that I'm missing most of my genesis transactions.  How do I get those back?

They exists on the block chain and should come back automatically once your wallet is caught up

That's the problem.  My wallet is 100% synced.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso

They exists on the block chain and should come back automatically once your wallet is caught up

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
Edit: I think I got it
So?

I missing most of my coins.  Do I need to resync block chain?
Thats normal is the wallet syncing?

The wallet is done syncing.  I did a rescan of the block chain, should that do it?

My hard drive went up so I had to go through the same process but on windows.
Yes that should do it, just make sure it syncs. I did have a issue where I had to exit the client because it got stuck during syncing but when I restarted it fired back up.
I would also make sure you are installing that latest version
https://github.com/dacsunlimited/bitsharesx/releases/tag/0.4.7

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
So?

I missing most of my coins.  Do I need to resync block chain?
Thats normal is the wallet syncing?

The wallet is done syncing.  I did a rescan of the block chain, should that do it?

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
When I backed up the wallet it created a Json file that had all the private and public keys.

so you are on the safe side ..

- Install the wallet
- open it up - do not create a new account
- go ti the main menu and choose "import wallet"
- select your wallet file
- type the passphrase you chose when you created the wallet originally (hope you still have that)
- wait for the import to be preformed
- you should see at least your account name

- the funds are either not their because you haven't resynced the blockchain (console-> wallet_resync_blockchain --- takes 30 minutes or so)
- .... or you have your funds in your PTS addresses and havent moved them out of the genesis block .. depends how you got to your btsx

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean.  I saved the Json file is on a USB stick.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 11:29:23 am by JakeThePanda »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
When I backed up the wallet it created a Json file that had all the private and public keys.

so you are on the safe side ..

- Install the wallet
- open it up - do not create a new account
- go ti the main menu and choose "import wallet"
- select your wallet file
- type the passphrase you chose when you created the wallet originally (hope you still have that)
- wait for the import to be preformed
- you should see at least your account name

- the funds are either not their because you haven't resynced the blockchain (console-> wallet_resync_blockchain --- takes 30 minutes or so)
- .... or you have your funds in your PTS addresses and havent moved them out of the genesis block .. depends how you got to your btsx

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
whats the name of the json file? if it is config.json you are out of luck because that IS NOT the wallet

if you have the wallet folder and the file in those you are safe and we can help you ..

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
whats the name of the json file? if it is config.json you are out of luck because that IS NOT the wallet

if you have the wallet folder and the file in those you are safe and we can help you ..

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
Please can someone help me?  I don't know how to recover my wallet using the Json file I saved as backup. :'(

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
Ok I got my computer back.  Can someone please tell me what to do?  How do I get my registered account and BTSx back?