Author Topic: Please Help Recover Wallet Using Json File (Resolved)  (Read 7558 times)

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
Interesting......How would you go about getting your coins back without your private keys?
You can't ... but the coins are not lost .. but reduced every year .. by 5% ... the access to the stake itself IS LOST!

Yea I get that. I wonder if it would be worth while implementing some kind of seed like electrum uses. As long as you could remember the string of word's you could rebuild your wallet anywhere without the need of a back-up. Given the fact that this is a banking platform this is one more way to back-up. But with this you can keep the seed in your head.

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
THANKS GUYS!  My wallet is fully recovered. $$$$$$$$$$
The blockchain never losses coins shares :)

awesome, You made a new back-up now right and just to be safe copy your entire wallet folder along with the .json file.

I really felt for you when I read this as I had the sata controller in my hard drive go up. Thankfully I was able to replace the controller and get the drive working and make back-ups.

Yes, thanks guys.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Interesting......How would you go about getting your coins back without your private keys?
You can't ... but the coins are not lost .. but reduced every year .. by 5% ... the access to the stake itself IS LOST!

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
Just FYI .. in BitShares networks (DPOS) if you lost the private keys the coins/shares are not lost forever .. when they are not moved for 365 days they will be automatically moved to a brand new block ...-5% inactivity fee that gets destroyed ... thus .. if you loose your shares ... everyone else has a little more net value .. every year :) ..

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Just FYI .. in BitShares networks (DPOS) if you lost the private keys the coins/shares are not lost forever .. when they are not moved for 365 days they will be automatically moved to a brand new block ...-5% inactivity fee that gets destroyed ... thus .. if you loose your shares ... everyone else has a little more net value .. every year :) ..

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile

awesome, You made a new back-up now right and just to be safe copy your entire wallet folder along with the .json file.

I really felt for you when I read this as I had the sata controller in my hard drive go up. Thankfully I was able to replace the controller and get the drive working and make back-ups.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
While scanning the transactions I noticed that I'm missing most of my genesis transactions.  How do I get those back?
you need to import your PTS private keys to the corresponding stake .. or import your complete wallet.dat ... is easier

I believe he had all ready claimed his genesis stuff.

If he has the file "bitshare x wallet back-up.json" shouldn't he just need to import it to the new client.
ah .. ok .. the private keys of the imported wallet should also be in the backupjson file ... so he probably just needs to wait for the blockchain to be synced ..

Thats where he is losing me, he said pre crash he had genesis stuff

Post crash he said he is synced and re scanned but no genesis stuff

Yeah, I missing a crap load of coins. :'(
Do you accounts show? Does it show any of you transactions pre crash?

So, I looked in the Json file and looks like I backed up the wallet after only 1 private key import.  I just imported one of my keys and it added the one genesis block.  I guess I have to import all my keys again?

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
While scanning the transactions I noticed that I'm missing most of my genesis transactions.  How do I get those back?
you need to import your PTS private keys to the corresponding stake .. or import your complete wallet.dat ... is easier

If he has the file "bitshare x wallet back-up.json" shouldn't he just need to import it to the new client.
ah .. ok .. the private keys of the imported wallet should also be in the backupjson file ... so he probably just needs to wait for the blockchain to be synced ..

Do you accounts show? Does it show any of you transactions pre crash?

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile

Yes, I already imported all my private keys weeks ago. The rescan is done and I'm still missing coins. Now what?

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile