Author Topic: We have overtaken NXT.  (Read 2571 times)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
The Prophecy!  :D

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
This is a great position for Bitshares to be in at just the right time.

It's now possible to discuss Bitshares challenging Litecoin if we could figure out how to get miners on our side.
Right now this would make Bitshares the #1 PoS based crypto.

Yeah, what's going on with the multipool idea?
Progress:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=6236.msg96290;topicseen#msg96290

It's really only a matter of time. I think if we get this part right (the multipool) then we can attract miners once LTC becomes no longer profitable for them to mine. ASICs will push the little guys out of the LTC mining race and hopefully right into our pool.

Also because it's virtual mining it's a lot more powerful than normal mining. You can mine on any kind of device, using any kind of algorithm, doing any kind of Proof of Work (even beneficial kinds like protein folding), and it's all just a matter of updating the code to support it.

Beta test is estimated to be in the first weeks of September. By that time the BitAssets market should be running, Bitshares should be at the peak of it's publicity as well. If we leverage the incoming hype then it can all work out great for our community.

I'm hoping that once we get the multi-pool up and running then we can build features around that so as not just to attract the mining community but to give them enough "fun" that they'll not want to go back to traditional mining.

Let's promote virtual mining as superior to traditional mining. Mine anything, get paid in BTSX (or the assets of your choosing).
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

bitbro

It's now possible to discuss Bitshares challenging Litecoin if we could figure out how to get miners on our side.

IMO getting miners on our side doesn't matter.  All BTSX would need to start challenging LTC is a few pairings like LTC/bitUSD, LTC/bitBTC, etc. and BTSX will gain on LTC trades regardless of miners.

+5%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline yellowecho

IMO getting miners on our side doesn't matter.  All BTSX would need to start challenging LTC is a few pairings like LTC/bitUSD, LTC/bitBTC, etc. and BTSX will gain on LTC trades regardless of miners.
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil

Yeah, what's going on with the multipool idea?
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
LOL.  I'm just being silly.  Seriously though it deserves its own thread at least.

haha ok ^^ yeah absolutely agreed :)
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline gamey

• View Profile
LOL.  I'm just being silly.  Seriously though it deserves its own thread at least.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
You guys hide that in marketing?  This you shout from the rooftop and warn em to GET READY !

sry again pls
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline gamey

• View Profile
You guys hide that in marketing?  This you shout from the rooftop and warn em to GET READY !

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

Offline gamey

• View Profile
#   Name   Market Cap   Price   Available Supply   Volume (24h)   % Change (24h)   Market Cap Graph (7d)
1   Bitcoin Bitcoin   $ 6,748,489,620   $ 512.44   13,169,275 BTC   $ 65,133,600   7.64 %   
2   Litecoin Litecoin   $ 179,512,900   $ 5.73   31,320,951 LTC   $ 14,737,900   25.14 %   
3   Ripple Ripple   $ 42,748,719   $ 0.005180   8,252,600,677 XRP *   $ 190,031   2.58 %   
4   BitSharesX BitSharesX   $ 29,638,798   $ 0.014820   1,999,945,891 BTSX *   $ 561,831   19.97 %   
5   Nxt Nxt   $ 29,286,715   $ 0.029287   999,997,096 NXT *   $ 115,151   -9.10 %