Author Topic: IT'S OFFICIAL: BitSharesX Is Now #4 Market Cap! (Passed NXT)  (Read 4150 times)

Offline oco101

• View Profile
He says with his usual Christmas cheer.  lol.

They're buying because they're the smart money getting in early. They're not buying to lose.  Yes, market cap will go up and market cap will go down. Ultimately it's the long term value of BTSX that matters. 

But that's no reason to not celebrate this milestone - and the rest to come. Go hang with the NXT crowd if you're not in the mood, I'm poppin bottles with BitShares.

+1 .... Indeed

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
Smiling from ear to ear  :D When we hit bitcoin's market cap, I'm sure we will all be able to gather for a drink with the Bitshares team  ;D

and everyone will be flying in on their own private jets...  :P

Flying in to Bitshares Island that is.

Lite speed, here we go!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 04:21:33 pm by JakeThePanda »

Offline Riverhead

Another spike just hit.  Now solidly in 3rd.

38PTSWarrior

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Levine has an interesting point. Clearly the asset class worth buying is the one avoided by those with money... Put another way, if the moneyed individuals are buying an asset, that asset must be trash. Following that logic, I suppose buying trash makes you rich. Off to the junk yard for me.

Great first post. Welcome here !
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

Smiling from ear to ear  :D When we hit bitcoin's market cap, I'm sure we will all be able to gather for a drink with the Bitshares team  ;D

and everyone will be flying in on their own private jets...  :P

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans

Offline GaltReport

While I don't disagree with Adam's thinking I do feel the peopleC that have worked so hard on this product deserve a time of jubilation. There'll be plenty of time for reasoned discourse once the hangovers pass.

Wish I was there to lift a glass with you guys.

+5%  +5%

Offline bytemaster

Levine has an interesting point. Clearly the asset class worth buying is the one avoided by those with money... Put another way, if the moneyed individuals are buying an asset, that asset must be trash. Following that logic, I suppose buying trash makes you rich. Off to the junk yard for me.

While I don't disagree with Adam's thinking I do feel the people that have worked so hard on this product deserve a time of jubilation. There'll be plenty of time for reasoned discourse once the hangovers pass.

+1 LOL
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
It's really striking how close we are to XRP...

XRP is an excellent example of why Market Cap is a terrible way to compare cryptocurrencies against each other.  Apparently this whole rally is being caused by a few people buying large amounts who announced they are doing so, so at whatever point they stop buying those amounts unless there are other people waiting to pick it up this is a very temporary rally and so would be the market cap that goes along with it.

I hope there is real development too and not just a couple doods using their size to lift the price until they've satisfied their needs.

I am sorry for you because you can not enjoy with us our first rally...
Believe me the next time, the experience will getting better and  better ... you get used to it after some time :P

« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 05:35:24 pm by liondani »

Offline Riverhead

While I don't disagree with Adam's thinking I do feel the people that have worked so hard on this product deserve a time of jubilation. There'll be plenty of time for reasoned discourse once the hangovers pass.

Wish I was there to lift a glass with you guys.

bitbro

When we beat him with sarcasm and humor - that is the best satisfaction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Calton

• View Profile

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
He says with his usual Christmas cheer.  lol.

They're buying because they're the smart money getting in early. They're not buying to lose.  Yes, market cap will go up and market cap will go down. Ultimately it's the long term value of BTSX that matters. 

But that's no reason to not celebrate this milestone - and the rest to come. Go hang with the NXT crowd if you're not in the mood, I'm poppin bottles with BitShares.

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
It's really striking how close we are to XRP...

XRP is an excellent example of why Market Cap is a terrible way to compare cryptocurrencies against each other.  Apparently this whole rally is being caused by a few people buying large amounts who announced they are doing so, so at whatever point they stop buying those amounts unless there are other people waiting to pick it up this is a very temporary rally and so would be the market cap that goes along with it.

I hope there is real development too and not just a couple doods using their size to lift the price until they've satisfied their needs.

Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com