Author Topic: New bitshares-x.info Story: A New World  (Read 1840 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
I dont know if you really mean it like that or maybe that's just me but ''A New World'' sounds too radical imo. Maybe ''A New Chapter''? or something that suggests inovation but not in such radical way.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Sure, use it anywhere you like. I may also turn it into a blog post. 

Thanks Delulo. It was a challenge to market something that didn't yet exist, today is a different story. Super inspired to just be a part of all this. B
Great!! I was recently in a similar position, not being able to offer something to people or describe it to them with the prospect that they can try it out and see it working immediately.

Virtual vault is great!

What would be possible if we could create this kind of world? We can.
Is this meant to be like this? "We can" is not the answer to the question which was asked before.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 05:19:58 pm by delulo »

bitbro

We may still need to simplify the answer to "why does this matter" and get it into one sentence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Riverhead

Thanks Delulo. It was a challenge to market something that didn't yet exist, today is a different story. Super inspired to just be a part of all this. B
Nice write up Brian.

Yes, thanks for your frequent postings. I know this forum can sometimes seem like a mother bear protecting her unborn child :) . Or as Adam aptly called it, the Forum Defense Force.

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

This is exactly what I've been looking for a description for the Thunderclap campaign!  Can we use this?

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Brian, what's up? I like how you rock the forum!!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
nice to read and easy to understand .. no difficult stuff like market peg and blockchain .. good for landing page

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
I rewrote this for DACsunlimited for the BitSharesX site. I think it better captures our story and what the big picture is. The metaphor "vault" I borrowed from Dan, to avoid calling this a "bank." The metaphors are still a work in progress.

Many of the people outside the industry who've been following us have been asking the question, "why does this matter? Why should I care?" I hope this story answers them.  It's our vision and it's audacious.  Hope you enjoy:

Today many people have lost faith in the financial institutions we’ve trusted for centuries. Some of our largest banks have failed and no longer exist.  Those that survived needed massive bailouts. Citizens in some countries have lost their life savings to pay for failed government decisions.  And for those who do find safety, the value of their savings is being drained by the constant drip of inflation.  Our financial system is overdue for a reset.   

- A New World -

What if we were to scrap it all and start over?  What would a new financial world look like?  A world where we could protect what’s valuable without needing to trust anyone. A world that will never need bailouts.  A world where your financial life is absolutely private. Where your funds can never be seized or your account closed.   A world not limited by borders, business hours, or location.  What would be possible if we could create this kind of world? We can.

Welcome to the new financial world of BitSharesX. BitSharesX is the world’s first virtual vault.  This is a vault where only you have the key.  BitSharesX allows you to buy, sell and trade all kinds of virtual assets that track the value of real world items like dollars, gold, silver and even shares of companies.  They can all be bought, sold or traded right in your BitSharesX account, with anyone on earth, at any time, instantly.   

And the very best part is, BitSharesX is free. Ready to get started? Click here.
(Download Now)

BitSharesX is made possible by open source technology developed by BitShares.org,  the world’s leader in decentralized solutions.  Powered by BitShares.   Learn more at BitShares.org (link)