Author Topic: AGS Funds to be used to buy BTSX  (Read 13449 times)

Offline valtr

• View Profile
It is a logical decision.  I have thought than the idea will come and it is now here. Hopefully it will multiple the funds.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Only small purchases thus far.  Not really in our best interest to telegraph this, but I believe the value of transparency will do more for us in the long run than any profits we could have earned by keeping it secret.
I really .. really .. really like the openness in I3. +5%

This is what makes bitshares different from those altcoin - short term profit - premine sh*** we all know pretty well

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Recognizing that over the course of the next 6 months the value of BTSX will likely rise relative to BTC, we have made the strategic decision to buy BTSX and hold it and to pay developers in BTSX / BitUSD.    We will keep enough BTC to stay liquid, but otherwise will keep our portfolio balanced to maximize our potential development funds.   

This is just a FYI for transparency sake, as we stated before the AGS funds were received as donations with no strings attached. 

Details of these holdings will be posted.
+5%
This is an very astute decision which inspires confidence and makes sense. Why keep it in BTC which is way more volatile when you can keep it in BitUSD?

We should encourage others to do similar and to pay out in BitUSD.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bytemaster

Have said purchases already taken place?

Thanks for the openness!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Only small purchases thus far.  Not really in our best interest to telegraph this, but I believe the value of transparency will do more for us in the long run than any profits we could have earned by keeping it secret. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
hardcore

all the moons are aligning

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 08:29:18 pm by TheOnion »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
Have said purchases already taken place?

Thanks for the openness!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline bytemaster

Recognizing that over the course of the next 6 months the value of BTSX will likely rise relative to BTC, we have made the strategic decision to buy BTSX and hold it and to pay developers in BTSX / BitUSD.    We will keep enough BTC to stay liquid, but otherwise will keep our portfolio balanced to maximize our potential development funds.   

This is just a FYI for transparency sake, as we stated before the AGS funds were received as donations with no strings attached. 

Details of these holdings will be posted.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 08:22:50 pm by bytemaster »
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.