Author Topic: Problem with client upgrade  (Read 802 times)

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
Problem with client upgrade
« on: August 22, 2014, 12:42:49 am »
I'll try to explain my problem here, not sure if it's exactly the right place to do it, but that would be a start.

I saw there was a new client version for LTS, I guess because of the "hard fork"... anyway, not sure I did it the right way, most probably someone will be able to help me.

I uninstalled the older client (I had redeemed my LTS for my PTS/AGS already, but I guess since I didn't erase manually the wallet, it might still be somewhere) and installed the new version. I thought about it after, I know now I should have made a backup of my wallet file first.

Now when I try to start the client, I have the message "Incorrect or no genesis block found. Wrong datadir for network?" message appearing, and I can't seem to find my wallet either. I might appear to be incredibly newb or illiterate of how all this work, but I can live with that.

Is there a solution, or have I just easily got rid of my LTS without having the pleasure of playing them?

Thanks for the help!

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Re: Problem with client upgrade
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 08:39:03 am »
You must delete the old blockchain and re-download the new one.

0. Shut down the lottoshares client
1. Go to $HOME/.lottoshares (or its equivalent on windows, whatever that may be)
2. Back up everything, especially wallet.dat
3. Delete everything EXCEPT wallet.dat
4. Start lottoshares client
Please vote for my BitShares witness "cyrano" and for my STEEM witness "cyrano.witness"!
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de