Author Topic: Question about wallet upgrades  (Read 1011 times)

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile
Worked perfect. Thanks, BM!
"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero

Offline bytemaster

If you want to be EXTRA safe (more so than likely necessary) you can back up the "wallets" folder in:

Windows: %APPDATA%/BitShares X (Try going to Start->Run and opening %APPDATA%, then open the BitShares X folder)
Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/BitShares X (Open a Finder window and press Command-Shift-G, then paste in the path)
Linux: ~/.BitSharesX

Then just launch the new version.   There is a syncing bug that you may still experience and the next release should fix.

If you encounter that problem, then you can delete the "chain" directory and attempt to sync via

https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/wiki/Using-Chain-Servers

We apologize for the bugs and thank you for patients with as we get updates out as quickly as possible.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile
I am running the old version of the btsx wallet (0.4.4) on windows 7. I want to upgrade to 0.4.5.
If I simply install the new version on top of the old, Will I need to load all my keys/accounts etc. into the new wallet? I'm 99% sure of the answer to this question, but I want to double check because I have not yet backed up the wallet (I know, dumb mistake) and now I cannot get past the login screen because the wallet will not sync with the network because (I assume) the network has already been upgraded to 0.4.5? Anyways, since I haven't saved my keys, I should still be safe just installing the new version on top of the old, right?
"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero