Author Topic: 0.4.6 has a bug with transaction history, Users on that please upgrade to 0.4.7  (Read 6314 times)

Offline bytemaster

Upgraded to 0.4.7 crashes upon launch?

Need more info to debug that one....  OS?  Run in XP Service Pack 3 compatibility mode?

Managed to launch it. Says database could be corrupted..ok I proceeded .. then I get this ..

RPC Server Error: In method 'wallet_get_info': Key Not Found (6)

However, I am now syncing with the network.

Ok.. once you are in sync the key not found error will go away.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Bitshark

• View Profile

Need more info to debug that one....  OS?  Run in XP Service Pack 3 compatibility mode?

Managed to launch it. Says database could be corrupted..ok I proceeded .. then I get this ..

RPC Server Error: In method 'wallet_get_info': Key Not Found (6)

However, I am now syncing with the network.

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Bitshark

• View Profile

Offline DACSunlimited

• View Profile
0.4.7 is also not stable, crashed 2 time within 1day, issue has been raised via github.

Delegates, please keep an eye on your delegates status(get notification or hot-standby) before the next stable version come out.

Offline crazybit

0.4.7 is also not stable, crashed 2 time within 1day, issue has been raised via github.

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
I've had no crashes with any version till 0.4.6 (inclusive).
However 0.4.7 crashed with segmentation fault after a day running properly.
I'll run it under gdb in order to catch the issue if it happens again.
The crashed client was a delegate with about 40 connections.
The seed node has 100+ connections and no issues yet.

Offline vikram

Not sure if this has been fixed in 4.7 but in 4.5 when exporting the wallet and then trying to import it back I got this error:

Looking into it: https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/issues/675

Can anyone confirm whether or not backup import works correctly on Mac GUI or Linux command line? I suspect the problem is only on Windows.

I have found the problem and backup creation on Windows will be fixed in 0.4.8.

To recover your existing backup, open the backup file in a text editor like Notepad and scroll all the way to the end. There is an extra comma at the end of the file; the last two lines will look like this:
Code: [Select]
},
]

Delete that comma and save the file, and let us know if you can successfully import after doing this.

Offline solaaire

• praise the sun!
    • View Profile
The update fixed my transaction history and the client is working fine on my end. Thanks!

Offline vikram

Not sure if this has been fixed in 4.7 but in 4.5 when exporting the wallet and then trying to import it back I got this error:

Looking into it: https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/issues/675

Can anyone confirm whether or not backup import works correctly on Mac GUI or Linux command line? I suspect the problem is only on Windows.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 07:22:14 pm by vikram »

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
All good here, still have to end process to get setup to close, but everything else was smooth as silk

I just noticed if you don't check the Run box in the last screen of the setup wizard it exists. It must be launching the client as a child process or something. When you exit the client it exits setup if you had clicked Run.
That makes sense, thanks for the info.

jakub

Offline vikram

0.4.5 and 0.4.6 are affected by this bug. Users should upgrade to 0.4.7 and restore any missing transactions by running:
rescan 274524
When 0.4.8 is released, it will restore these transactions automatically.

Users who did not keep their wallet synced before upgrading to 0.4.5+ may need to do a full rescan (warning: this could take a long time) to restore previous missing transactions:
rescan

Offline vikram

I know this has been asked before but I can't find it. What flag do I need to add so that I don't build the test cases?

make bitshares_toolkit

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
0.4.7 is not working on my machine. 0.4.5 worked fine, but now can't start the wallet anymore. i just send the crash report, but nothing was said about it. can bytemaster confirm that the crashrepot is save to send?

sry, but i am a tech noob and can't read hex. i just need confirmation that the wallet.key is not included in the crashreport. so i just wait now or can i somehow install 0.4.5? just tried it to install over the directory, but the same error is coming.