Author Topic: Is Bitshares a brand?  (Read 3301 times)

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Hi,

I am writing a blog post in French about I3, DAC, BitsharesX, etc., and for the sake of precision I just want to know what exactly is Bitshares?
Is it a trademark registered by Invictus or something that every body can use?

It's a community, brand and ecosystem.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I see BitShares as an ecosystem ... containing several blockchains .. not just BitSharesX
As far as I know you are good to go and can use the name for an article. ... when it comes to releasing a chain within the BitShares Ecosystem I am sure you will need community approval (consensus) that your chains is alligable to use the name ;-)

From the FAQ @ bitshares.org:
What are BitShares?
BitShares is the brand of a community of independent Distributed Autonomous Company (DAC) developers. A DAC is a free market company whose shares can be transferred from person to person over the internet without any third party brokers. A DAC is not a legal entity or person like traditional companies, but exists entirely as a decentralized transaction ledger maintained by a network of individual computers owned by regular people all over the world.

and it is written "BitShares" with a capital S in the middle ;-)

Offline BldSwtTrs

• View Profile
Hi,

I am writing a blog post in French about I3, DAC, BitsharesX, etc., and for the sake of precision I just want to know what exactly is Bitshares?
Is it a trademark registered by Invictus or something that every body can use?