Author Topic: BTSX Market GUI cosmetics  (Read 2196 times)

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline GaltReport

At the moment it doesn't seem obvious besides looking at the median feed as to whether the price BitUSD is trading is below 1-1.

Personally I go over to coinmarketcap look at the USD price of BTSX and divide by 1 to get the current number and then from there I've still go to work out what the current trading price is in relation to that.

Is there an easier way to do it, I've only bought a few token BitUSD's for fun so far, so I don't know?

I'd find it easier to at least see where BitUSD is trading even in visual terms to the median/1hr average price.

Say for example if the median/1hr avg price is 32.5 BTSX to $1

30.8           31.7          32.5          33.3           34.1

.95    .96    .97    .98    .99    1    .01    .02    .03    .04    .05

Or when you're buying it says:       32   (.984)

Something like that would be much easier to tell you're getting BitUSD at a discount and by how much and perhaps help the range be tighter?

10-4.  That's what I do.  Agree.

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
At the moment it doesn't seem obvious besides looking at the median feed as to whether the price BitUSD is trading is below 1-1.

Personally I go over to coinmarketcap look at the USD price of BTSX and divide by 1 to get the current number and then from there I've still go to work out what the current trading price is in relation to that.

Is there an easier way to do it, I've only bought a few token BitUSD's for fun so far, so I don't know?

I'd find it easier to at least see where BitUSD is trading even in visual terms to the median/1hr average price.

Say for example if the median/1hr avg price is 32.5 BTSX to $1

30.8           31.7          32.5          33.3           34.1

.95    .96    .97    .98    .99    1    .01    .02    .03    .04    .05

Or when you're buying it says:       32   (.984)

Something like that would be much easier to tell you're getting BitUSD at a discount and by how much and perhaps help the range be tighter?

Offline yellowecho

excited to tell you that 'cass' has just finished doing the screen design .. implementation ongoing .. don't know anything more .. my guess is that the trading software will be released in 4-6 weeks .. and it will for sure be AWESOME!

From what I've seen of cass' work so far, I'm sure it'll be super kickass!
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Excited to hear more about this!  +5%
excited to tell you that 'cass' has just finished doing the screen design .. implementation ongoing .. don't know anything more .. my guess is that the trading software will be released in 4-6 weeks .. and it will for sure be AWESOME!

Offline yellowecho

Brain Page told us in the latest mumble hangout that there is a brand new frading software (not just a wallet) currently in development that will have exactly that feature!

Excited to hear more about this!  +5%
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Users also need to see the total profit or losses of their portfolio. There isn't enough information about our profits and losses but that should be tracked in real time and be front and center at all times.

Right now it tracks the income, expenses, and burn of Bitshares itself but there should be a "portfolio" which tracks holdings in an account.
Brain Page told us in the latest mumble hangout that there is a brand new frading software (not just a wallet) currently in development that will have exactly that feature!

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
I like the GUI when you click onto a trading pair.

When you click on markets though in the wallet you are presented with a long stream of a lot of assets.

It seems like it would be better if the top third of the screen was 'prettier' and had 4/5 Key assets. (Whatever those are, BitUSD, BitCNY, BitBTC, BitGold maybe with a little icon next to each like a gold bar for BitGold.)

The rest can be underneath or accessed via a 'other markets' tab or something.

I presume something like that will come later on as time allows? Or are most happy with the layout atm?

Users also need to see the total profit or losses of their portfolio. There isn't enough information about our profits and losses but that should be tracked in real time and be front and center at all times.

Right now it tracks the income, expenses, and burn of Bitshares itself but there should be a "portfolio" which tracks holdings in an account.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
+5

should change before we go life...

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
I like the GUI when you click onto a trading pair.

When you click on markets though in the wallet you are presented with a long stream of a lot of assets.

It seems like it would be better if the top third of the screen was 'prettier' and had 4/5 Key assets. (Whatever those are, BitUSD, BitCNY, BitBTC, BitGold maybe with a little icon next to each like a gold bar for BitGold.)

The rest can be underneath or accessed via a 'other markets' tab or something.

I presume something like that will come later on as time allows? Or are most happy with the layout atm?