Author Topic: Who are http://www.bilshares.com  (Read 3143 times)

Offline fuzzy

It is silly to me that we have conversations like this about bilshares...

Yet it is unpopular to direct similar critiques toward ethereum.  Only difference?  Ethereum is worse imho...Is it divisive to call something that looks from the outside to be a scam--a scam?

Why is it ok if the scam is elaborate and draws in large crowds of unknowing people with only a "promise" of what is to come?  These are things worth considering in my opinion.

I think anytime we call something a scam/ponzi etc we have to justify that accusation and spell out exactly why we think that is the case. If you only say: "Ethereum is a scam" there will probably be lots of people who will disagree with you. But, if you say "I think Ethereum could be a scam because they have made lots of promises but have so far failed to deliver on them. If and when they deliver on these promises then I will no longer consider it a scam." then there will be far fewer people that might have a problem with that.

I actually do not believe it is a scam.  It has too much hype to fail now imo...its following is going to make SOMETHING come from it...and this is open source so they can essentially STEAL every "2.0" crypto's tech by simply hiring all star programmers capable of analyzing and utilizing the systems developed.  Then they can just say "we are unifying crypto".

Ethereum...in my opinion...is sitting back and taking their time.  They are letting others spend large sums on R&D and they will sweep in and grab up the tech that works and is proven...and will have a bigger network effect than any single one. 

Brilliant, honestly.  But it is not exactly "legit".

As far as Bilshares goes, or Banx...well I guess if they are developing it on their own, a little brand-piggy-backing is to be expected ;)
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline edilliam

Yet it is unpopular to direct similar critiques toward ethereum.  Only difference?  Ethereum is worse imho...Is it divisive to call something that looks from the outside to be a scam--a scam?

Why is it ok if the scam is elaborate and draws in large crowds of unknowing people with only a "promise" of what is to come?  These are things worth considering in my opinion.

I think anytime we call something a scam/ponzi etc we have to justify that accusation and spell out exactly why we think that is the case. If you only say: "Ethereum is a scam" there will probably be lots of people who will disagree with you. But, if you say "I think Ethereum could be a scam because they have made lots of promises but have so far failed to deliver on them. If and when they deliver on these promises then I will no longer consider it a scam." then there will be far fewer people that might have a problem with that.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso

Never be afraid to speak your mind. If you can support your statements then let them be known.

Offline fuzzy

« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 09:04:25 pm by theFu.. »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
It is a NXT clone! Trying to get people confuse it with BiTsHaReS

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
Safety googles.  Classic.  She's ready for shop class.

Offline jae208

• View Profile
Wow this is pathetic. So people see that BitsharesX is rising and then they create something whose name closely resembles BitsharesX. 

It does look very scammy. I hope no one gets fooled by these people.
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline lucky331

• View Profile
i like the gui  ;D ;D ;D

but why does she needs glasses ?

oooo a minority report sequel.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
nope -  but you really mean www.bilshares.com not www.bitshares.com, right?
No error on my side.
It looks like scam-ish nxt clone...

agreed ... but honestly .. i can't say more on this ...
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline JA

• View Profile
i like the gui  ;D ;D ;D

but why does she needs glasses ?

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
nope -  but you really mean www.bilshares.com not www.bitshares.com, right?
No error on my side.
It looks like scam-ish nxt clone...

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█