Author Topic: Delegates: Post here once you have upgraded to 0.4.8  (Read 17437 times)

Offline mtang

• BTSX id:mtang
    • View Profile
mtang.outofcontrol upgraded to 0.4.8 :)
BTSX:wallet_approve_delegate btsx.outofcontrol true
DNS :wallet_account_set_approval mtang true
感谢给我们的受托人团队“失控”btsx.outofcontro以及she.bitrose投票。请关注FUND数字资产运作计划//立足兢兢业业的standby delegate//weibo ID:汤O包

Offline dcchong

• View Profile
dc-delegate upgraded to 0.4.8
bitsharesx-delegate upgraded to 0.4.8

please vote back :P
wallet_approve_delegate dc-delegate true
wallet_approve_delegate bitsharesx-delegate true

Offline king

• View Profile
Thanks....  keep posting here and I'll vote you back in....

please vote me back

and Transfer to:
sun.delegate.service
moon.delegate.service
BTSX Account: mister
BTSX Delegate :sun.delegate.service,moon.delegate.service

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
mister               -> sun.delegate.service
delegate.mister  -> moon.delegate.service
Ui ... nice name :)

Offline king

• View Profile
My delegate "mister" and "delegate.mister" has been upgraded to 0.4.8, but I hope I can replace the delegate account

mister               -> sun.delegate.service
delegate.mister  -> moon.delegate.service
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 07:21:29 am by king »
BTSX Account: mister
BTSX Delegate :sun.delegate.service,moon.delegate.service

Offline happyshares

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
There is a bug in the fork handling code (or network code) that makes double producing blocks particularly harmful right now.  Anyone caught producing 2 blocks will be voted out until we have resolved the bug.
BM .. as an advice .. you should choose your words more wisely, because in general you are (or should) not be able to just "vote someone out" .. you can just remove *your* approval votes (which for sure weight a lot and I appreciate your weight on my delegates)

However, for outsides .. this 'sounds' like you could control the delegates .. and we have a centralized security scheme ...
just my 2bitusd

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile
https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.
https://www.cryptohun.ch/ -> Tradable Blockchain Asset PvP Card Game

Offline bytemaster

There is a bug in the fork handling code (or network code) that makes double producing blocks particularly harmful right now.  Anyone caught producing 2 blocks will be voted out until we have resolved the bug.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bitwiz

• View Profile
updated to 0.4.8, btw it's not producing blocks
wallet_approve_delegate delegate.bitwiz
BTSX: bitwiz    | BTC: 1LW55JXXaZ9V2xjHaBvsXJ5WYv76LRnF2p
I'm running a PTS seed node on the cloud, get a 10$ bonus using this referral

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
What's the reason is that? Sometimes when I upgrade the VPS client, I use Windows client to produce blocks temporarily, and there might be some overlap for a short while. I am wondering what's the consequence of doing that?
You produce a fork to the network as both clients produce TWO DIFFERENT blocks at the same time and broadcast them to the network

the delegate behind you has to decide for which one to take ...

in short: forks are bad .. and should be considered harmful

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
To All delegates:

Please do NOT running your delegates in two clients at the same time, otherwise, any one post evidence like following

Code: [Select]
   c6ce76317addf5f1b78e6700ea30da5f443f5e03                        x.x              0       166 2014-08-26T14:44:10         0     N/A                  NO
     4322211b2f74a2d43183a17042c057da64c4486c                        x.x              0       166 2014-08-26T14:44:10         1     N/A                  NO

We will strongly recommend others to vote them out.

What's the reason is that? Sometimes when I upgrade the VPS client, I use Windows client to produce blocks temporarily, and there might be some overlap for a short while. I am wondering what's the consequence of doing that? 
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline DACSunlimited

• View Profile
To All delegates:

Please do NOT running your delegates in two clients at the same time, otherwise, any one post evidence like following

Code: [Select]
   c6ce76317addf5f1b78e6700ea30da5f443f5e03                        x.x              0       166 2014-08-26T14:44:10         0     N/A                  NO
     4322211b2f74a2d43183a17042c057da64c4486c                        x.x              0       166 2014-08-26T14:44:10         1     N/A                  NO

We will strongly recommend others to vote them out.

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
Angel and Lotto delegates were updated by the time of my first post in this thread.
Sorry for not explicitly mentioning that If that is the reason for down-voting them.

EDIT:
I saw that angel-delegate has signed 2 blocks. However it wasn't running on 2 instances.
The only time it was running on 2 instances was when my wallet was opened on secondary instance and it AUTOMATICALLY entered in block production mode.
However I stopped it in timely manner and I believe it didn't produce block. (cant be 100% sure though)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 03:07:38 pm by emski »

Offline wackou

Please vote for witness wackou! More info at http://digitalgaia.io