Author Topic: Bitshares versus other newer crypto currencies 2.0  (Read 2895 times)

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Do not think of this as a war.  Think of this as a race between competitors.

Much better title! :) Yes, a friendly/healthy competition.

:)

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile

Much better title! :) Yes, a friendly/healthy competition.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Look to copy the features of prototype future crypto 2.0 and we will not lose in this war.  This is a war.

A Bitcoin Talk transplant I see... This is not war. Need to step outside that mentality. This space needs to mature and welcome collaboration.

merockstar

You have to realize the significance of first mover advantage.

Look at bitcoin and then litecoin.  Litecoin being no better mousetrap never gained more than 10% of bitcoin.

This will be the same for bitshares as long as the system is good.

I think Bitshares is different. You're forgetting about BitBTC which basically is Bitcoin but pays interest.

Anyone rational would sell all their Bitcoins for BitBTC immediately. Why would you hold Bitcoins when you can hold BitBTC and receive interest? Give me one reason.

BitBTC does NOT pay interest

I want to elaborate on this a bit for luckybit's sake: originally the plan somehow involved bitAssets paying interest. this is where the term "+5%" came from.

that eventually got scrapped.

BTSX pays interest in the form of how much currency gets destroyed daily by delegates.

recently, the idea came up to use market pegging to pay people interest on their bitAsset savings. When that happens, bitUSD5 and bitBTC5 will pay interest (unless the plan changes again along the way).

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Look to copy the features of prototype future crypto 2.0 and we will not lose in this war.  This is a war.

A Bitcoin Talk transplant I see... This is not war. Need to step outside that mentality. This space needs to mature and welcome collaboration.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

Offline hamiltino

• View Profile

Look at bitcoin and then litecoin.  Litecoin being no better mousetrap never gained more than 10% of bitcoin.

I think Bitshares is different. You're forgetting about BitBTC which basically is Bitcoin but pays interest.

Anyone rational would sell all their Bitcoins for BitBTC immediately. Why would you hold Bitcoins when you can hold BitBTC and receive interest? Give me one reason.

lol

Offline Riverhead

Look at the CME or ICE there will really only be 2 operators in this industry.  First mover advantage and once the market is set up, people dont change that easily.

+5%

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
I was saying that bitshares has the first mover crypto currency 2.0 and no one will make a better mousetrap in this until someone changes the game like how bitshares has changed the game.

Agreed.  There'll be, and are, other players but they'll have to go through the same teething issues we are.

Look at the CME or ICE there will really only be 2 operators in this industry.  First mover advantage and once the market is set up, people dont change that easily.

Offline Riverhead

I was saying that bitshares has the first mover crypto currency 2.0 and no one will make a better mousetrap in this until someone changes the game like how bitshares has changed the game.

Agreed.  There'll be, and are, other players but they'll have to go through the same teething issues we are.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile