Author Topic: PTS Hopping Strategy  (Read 5752 times)

Offline testz

Re: PTS Hopping Strategy
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, 09:29:01 pm »
For long term better to have network of p2p pools, but with this PTS price most of the pool owners prefer to get profit now  :(

P2P Pools suffer from higher latency and are at a disadvantage.   I believe the reason my pool is doing better than ypool according to some reports is because I have more efficient network protocol and lower latency message handling.    A P2P pool would suffer even more, especially with 40 second blocks...

Agree, but maybe we will not have 40s blocks after next re-target.

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 09:09:52 pm »
For long term better to have network of p2p pools, but with this PTS price most of the pool owners prefer to get profit now  :(

P2P Pools suffer from higher latency and are at a disadvantage.   I believe the reason my pool is doing better than ypool according to some reports is because I have more efficient network protocol and lower latency message handling.    A P2P pool would suffer even more, especially with 40 second blocks...
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline testz

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, 09:02:00 pm »

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 08:57:24 pm »
I agree that there needs to be better pool software.  I just don't have the time to implement it.   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline xolokram

• beeeeer.org
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 08:50:54 pm »
*agree*
stats for pts@beeeeer.org
BTC: 1S4kxaF4ro17qThUz4hQwAoiXzCWdzwdb | LTC: LMgYASNbAgGUG6fhw1xdMAWSbMiWjNNGgo
XPM: AJhA1PGbNM94ZmsJvVVM5FfbE9SdxiMzgd | PTS: PbfspbvSWxYqrp3DpRH7bsrmEqzY3418Ap

Offline flower1024

• luck is just a share away
    • View Profile
PTS Hopping Strategy
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 08:25:16 pm »
Hello,

ATM there are not many pools and some good hopping strategies.
If you want to read more about Pool Hopping itself please read: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=24966.0

beeeeer: is using PROP: very good hopping opportunity ;) just hop in as soon as their stats page shows a new block and leave as soon as 41% of the average shares per block has been found (CDF).

ypool: PPLNS 20 rounds. AFAIK not hoppable: could be used as a fallback

bytemaster: uses a PPLNS variant which is bound to a day. run a slow miner and watch their stats. as soon as their stats are lucky jump in, if they get unlucky get out.

as PTS have very short rounds atm it is not feasible to do this manually. if someone would set up a multipool for this (as all miners are available as source it shouldnt be too hard to develop a proxy for them) it would be possible though.

To all Pool OPS: PLEASE USE HOPPING PROOF REWARD SCHEMES! There are plenty!

Everytime i see a hoppable pool i HAVE TO THINK THAT THE POOL OP tries to CHEAT ME (because he could hop his own pool).