Author Topic: BTSX Questions  (Read 2053 times)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Is there incentive in place to stop front-running large orders which may be willing to bid up market for assurance of average cost and volatility protection?

Would the blocktimes work against high frequency traders that love to front-run this type of stuff and are now limited to 10 seconds minimum?

there is a non-traditional matching algorithm - each block the blockchain front-runs everyone and collects the difference as fees
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Marketorder

• View Profile
Is there any videos online that show the trading platform at work? I think a video tutorial is needed for newbies 

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Is there incentive in place to stop front-running large orders which may be willing to bid up market for assurance of average cost and volatility protection?

Would the blocktimes work against high frequency traders that love to front-run this type of stuff and are now limited to 10 seconds minimum?
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline bytemaster

There is no explicit interest in this system, only arbitrage opportunities.

Sometimes a "short" will sell lower to motivate someone to go "long" against them.  Other times a long will bid "higher" to get insurance against volatility. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Interest is payed by the shorts to the holders of BitUSD somehow.

Coud it work like a SWAP in which case its cheaper to borrow USD than Bit, thus you pay a SWAP fee (on daily rollover) if you short bitusd and gain a swap fee if you buy bitusd? Then you would have a carry trade unwind you have all sorts of arbitrage opportunities come into play.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Interest is payed by the shorts to the holders of BitUSD somehow, at least when this feature is added.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 09:44:59 pm by trader »

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
5.  No.  Interest is earned by reducing the total supply.  Your coins will increase in value as the percentage of the total market cap that they make up increases.  You should still not keep much on the exchanges.  With on blockchain trading there is no reason too, and it is an unnecessary risk.

You are talking about the implicit dividends from share burning. Interest is a different thing and is earned on holding BitAssets. Just trying to be clear for the new guy.

Interest on BitAssets is a future concept, current BitAssets offer no interest unless you can buy them at a discount.
I'm still confused about interest bearing bitassets.  I understand that purchasing below par and then selling for par will provide you with an interest rate inversely proportionate to the percentage you purchased below par, but I don't understand the mechanism that will allow you to sell at par when you are ready to redeem.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bytemaster

5.  No.  Interest is earned by reducing the total supply.  Your coins will increase in value as the percentage of the total market cap that they make up increases.  You should still not keep much on the exchanges.  With on blockchain trading there is no reason too, and it is an unnecessary risk.

You are talking about the implicit dividends from share burning. Interest is a different thing and is earned on holding BitAssets. Just trying to be clear for the new guy.

Interest on BitAssets is a future concept, current BitAssets offer no interest unless you can buy them at a discount.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline speedy

• View Profile

« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 09:24:20 pm by trader »

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
1.  You would have to ask big Vern.  BTSX is still not showing up on https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes/ although I am sure people have suggested it. 

2.  There are a whole lot of factors that go into that.  We are currently burning 21.06% of fees. 

3.  Yes trading has begun for Bit_USD/BTSX.  184,106.7625 USD is currently in circulation.  I am not sure how to check trading volume.

4.  File>>export wallet

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline speedy

• View Profile
Hopefully it will be on Crypsy soon.

In the file menu there is "Export Wallet".

Daily burn is about 1500 BTSX currently, last time I checked.

Yes trading BitUSD has begun, there are a few thousand in circulation.

The interest feature hasnt been enabled yet, and no you wont need your wallet on to earn interest.

Enjoy the ride!

Offline Marketorder

• View Profile
When will BTSX be traded on Cryptsy?

How fast is the total quantity depleted?

Has trading on the platform already begun? How active is trading on the BTSX decenterlized trading platform?

How do you back up your BTSX on your wallet?

Do I need to have my BTSX in a wallet to earn interest? Will they earn interest if I hold them on an exchange? How much interest can I make on my shares, please give me examples   
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 09:08:24 pm by Marketorder »