Author Topic: Here is why I think BTSX will go down to $0.025 and then up above $1.00  (Read 18725 times)

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
So what's the story with your wallet? Mine is up and running fine on Windows 7/8 and Linux. Also remember the wallet doesn't need to be in sync to send/receive funds. It can still send messages to the network. Anything you receive won't show up until the blockchain is up to date and scanned but existing funds can be moved.

Until 2 days ago I was on 0.4.8 and never synchronized. On the contrary it the time to synchronize was increasing until at some point and then was crashing...At least I could see my balances..

Then I am on 0.4.9 a or b I think. This wallet I get an error not connected and all my balances are zero...I have deleted and re installed from scratch but nothing...

By the way I am using a 6 years old laptop...

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
 +5% bitmeat for your analysis/prediction.

I want more often to read your predictions and thoughts  ;)
Could you post in regular basis your thought for the market behavior?

Thanks in advance  ;)

Offline Riverhead

The market is currently paused so nothing is moving right now :) . Go get drunk and by the time your hang over passes on Monday hopefully we'll be in better shape.

+5% +5% The best advice for the day! I'll get started right away...

So what's the story with your wallet? Mine is up and running fine on Windows 7/8 and Linux. Also remember the wallet doesn't need to be in sync to send/receive funds. It can still send messages to the network. Anything you receive won't show up until the blockchain is up to date and scanned but existing funds can be moved.

38PTSWarrior

Offline jae208

• View Profile
Luckily for me I am keeping a significant number of my BTSX on one of the exchanges. So I can make trades in a speedy manner. :) sellin at the top

Good for you! And I imagine most people do the same and that's why BTSX price keep falling...So unless we fix the bugs and have a stable client BitsharesX will continue to fall, which is fine for me since I can buy them cheaply but in order to do that I need to have at least a basic access to my wallet. I never keep any funds to any centralized exchange since if I wake up a nice morning and realize that the Chinese Government decided to close Bter or BTC38 I will be very sad...
So just and advice...Be careful with the trust you give to the exchanges because some things might be out of their control..

Yeah probably, but it's not the speculator's fault that it kept going down. Yes, you're right and I'm aware of that risk but at the current time I think BTSX is not in the Chinese government's radar. I could be wrong.
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
The market is currently paused so nothing is moving right now :). Go get drunk and by the time your hang over passes on Monday hopefully we'll be in better shape.

+5% +5% The best advice for the day! I'll get started right away...

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Luckily for me I am keeping a significant number of my BTSX on one of the exchanges. So I can make trades in a speedy manner. :) sellin at the top

Good for you! And I imagine most people do the same and that's why BTSX price keep falling...So unless we fix the bugs and have a stable client BitsharesX will continue to fall, which is fine for me since I can buy them cheaply but in order to do that I need to have at least a basic access to my wallet. I never keep any funds to any centralized exchange since if I wake up a nice morning and realize that the Chinese Government decided to close Bter or BTC38 I will be very sad...
So just and advice...Be careful with the trust you give to the exchanges because some things might be out of their control..

Offline Riverhead

We are not on the move yet...I do not have access to my bitusd or my BTSX hopefully saved on the BitsharesX vault. I don't even know what is the status of my short order, my collateral, if bitusd have been transfered to the client from Bter...nothing...All I can do is just watch and see opportunities slip through my hands... :( ...
Do we expect any new version coming out within the weekend or not? Should I just go get drunk for the whole weekend and stop thinking about it? :)

The market is currently paused so nothing is moving right now :). Go get drunk and by the time your hang over passes on Monday hopefully we'll be in better shape.

Offline jae208

• View Profile

http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
We are not on the move yet...I do not have access to my bitusd or my BTSX hopefully saved on the BitsharesX vault. I don't even know what is the status of my short order, my collateral, if bitusd have been transfered to the client from Bter...nothing...All I can do is just watch and see opportunities slip through my hands... :(...
Do we expect any new version coming out within the weekend or not? Should I just go get drunk for the whole weekend and stop thinking about it? :)

Offline graffenwalder

We're on the move again. BTC38 on 0.2 cny. BTER over 0.00006 BTC

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

I didn't say it will go there in a day. I'm pointing out that there is a $2B target market, which is not unreasonable at all.

Yes, I worked with a hedge fund and did automated trading systems for them for about 2.5 years.

EDIT: Given that FOREX brokers are not regulated and hard to trust, BitShares might be a good, more transparent solution.

Also even big and stable brokerages can fail - look up the RefCo fiasco.
Well there is always an upside to things, I would also like for it to reach the $1 mark but at given situation there is no reason why it should. Maybe a good marketing strategy will turn it around later, so I am not saying it wont, just that the reasons about "small businesses" coming in wont be happening any time soon. Even if Forex brokers are scam companies, what kind of marketing BTSX has to actually replace them. A better solution is not always the most prominent solution, is it?

Given we are yet to get media exposure/ a bitpay type business platform signing up businesses to use BTSX, we are really far off. Unless of course Brian pull a magical rabbit out of the hat.

As for the HF, are you sure you want to discuss that background on the forum, in crypto people normally tend to hate such profiles :P

I would love to build a high-grade trading interface, such that people familiar with MetaTrader will have no problem understanding.

This is better than marketing, as it would market itself.
+5

Offline changematey

• View Profile

I would love to build a high-grade trading interface, such that people familiar with MetaTrader will have no problem understanding.

Familiar or loaded like MT ;) ?

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile

I didn't say it will go there in a day. I'm pointing out that there is a $2B target market, which is not unreasonable at all.

Yes, I worked with a hedge fund and did automated trading systems for them for about 2.5 years.

EDIT: Given that FOREX brokers are not regulated and hard to trust, BitShares might be a good, more transparent solution.

Well there is always an upside to things, I would also like for it to reach the $1 mark but at given situation there is no reason why it should. Maybe a good marketing strategy will turn it around later, so I am not saying it wont, just that the reasons about "small businesses" coming in wont be happening any time soon. Even if Forex brokers are scam companies, what kind of marketing BTSX has to actually replace them. A better solution is not always the most prominent solution, is it?

Given we are yet to get media exposure/ a bitpay type business platform signing up businesses to use BTSX, we are really far off. Unless of course Brian pull a magical rabbit out of the hat.

As for the HF, are you sure you want to discuss that background on the forum, in crypto people normally tend to hate such profiles :P

Offline changematey

• View Profile