Author Topic: When will the next BTSX pump and dump happen?  (Read 6340 times)

merockstar

I bought a ton of Bitcoin at $11 around May 2011, and it subsequently dropped to $2. Was I screwed?  :D :D :D

I would wait, but I need to sell a quarter of what I bought at higher than 0.000110 before the end of the year.

Then don't invest in high risk asset with money you need by end of the year. I held my Bitcoin for 2 years before it went higher than my purchase price.

terrible advice for the lower end of the social stratum, imho.

risk is the only way to unfuck yourself.

A very interesting perspective. But I think the otherwise valid advice to 'just buy more, to reduce you're average' is even more rich.

+5% agreed.

Offline CoinElephant

• View Profile
I bought a ton of Bitcoin at $11 around May 2011, and it subsequently dropped to $2. Was I screwed?  :D :D :D

I would wait, but I need to sell a quarter of what I bought at higher than 0.000110 before the end of the year.

Then don't invest in high risk asset with money you need by end of the year. I held my Bitcoin for 2 years before it went higher than my purchase price.

A very interesting perspective. But I think the otherwise valid advice to 'just buy more, to reduce you're average' is even more rich.

Offline hughmanwho

• View Profile
I would recommend selling right around not.. it is possible that BTSX with experience a second peak to the bubble..  but either way, odds are that a month or two from now, BTSX will be going for at least half the price.

I'm not trying to insult BTSX but look at most other alt coins for comparison, this bubble isn't done popping yet.

Offline robrigo

3) I sell BitUSD for less than the price I purchased it.

You make your money by selling BitUSD for less than you bought it at? Not sure I understand.

This makes sense relative to the price of BTSX, which is probably what luckybit meant. So when you buy BitUSD when BTSX is higher buying power, sell it when it has lower buying power, you gain a net amount of BTSX over your original amount.

Offline slacking

• View Profile

You make your money by selling BitUSD for less than you bought it at? Not sure I understand.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 08:00:13 pm by slacking »

iHashFury

Made the mistake of buying on the upswing, need to sell some off at higher price.

Here is how I'm earning money from within Bitshares X.

1) When the price dips I short BitUSD.
2) When the price rises I buy BitUSD.

So people who are pumping and then dumping into USD simply don't know how to use Bitshares X market functionality. Most of us are just discovering how to control the peg.

It's best you do all your speculating from within Bitshares X because it's better for the peg and for your profits.

Simple and very effective

Offline mbaeichapareiko

• View Profile
hodl  hode hold  hodl   :)  that is my long term strategy with btc  and now with btsx.   I believe in the value of both as a new cutting edge technology.   

Remember bit coin when it went from  pennies to a pump and dump.   what if you sold on the first dump of bit coin for a loss?   That's my logic.

in long btsx.       

(now that i  think of it,  i should be loading up with more,   20/20 vision looking back in  a year might play out to have been a very wise move)

btsx user name:  hawaii50
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 08:41:54 pm by mbaeichapareiko »

Offline fuzzy

This is bound to happen the instant I buy some bitUSD.

Or if something unexpected happens and I have to cash out some crypto.

It's practically a guarantee.

So when circumstances align themselves such that a price hike would fuck me, I'll post here so you guys will all know that the price is about to get pumped.

You're welcome.

Oh my god sometimes I feel exactly the same.  I just hold most of my btsx and say "you cannot sell these you dolt"...then I play with a couple btc worth of btsx. 

I have no doubt that--as long as we are trying to build value for all of crypto--bitshares will be a multibagger even for those who bought in at peak.  Of course, that might take a year or so...or the announcement of a partnership with Stellar to create BitAsset Gateways into fiat (aka shit) world. 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com

+5% +5% +5%

Obviously, not a newbie to Crypto Currency like all the people that think they've been screwed.

merockstar

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
You buy high? It drops? Buy more and lower your average cost per BTSX. Then hodl! Pumps and dumps are nearly just noise in the long term. Intrisìc value will prevail in the long run.

+5%

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
You buy high? It drops? Buy more and lower your average cost per BTSX. Then hodl! Pumps and dumps are nearly just noise in the long term. Intrisìc value will prevail in the long run.

Offline kokojie

• View Profile

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile

I have a terrible understanding of how shorting works in the of case BitUSD. Are there any online resources that will teach me how to short sale BitUSD or any crypto currency for that matter?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fVyf5oVsLZCrjkptNi2I-GPldIp-QM3vmTKpyy_2ZVU/edit
>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline Maximus0352

• View Profile