Author Topic: [DNS] test network for advanced users  (Read 16876 times)

Offline JetainM

• View Profile
Can you send me some BDNS? 
KEY8eKQ6tM1JArmTDg7PF7WMFVJjUJo5kiEygmwyMRfvrFaE7516e

« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 03:48:28 am by JetainM »
BIB==BM IS BUG

Offline daidai

• View Profile

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
There's a test network. I'm not really giving it any attention b/c of BTSX but I will answer questions and make note of bugs

https://github.com/das-lab/DNS
on branch master

Everything should work except that the wallet transaction history does not interpret the domain transactions properly.

Temporary paramters:
The auction throttle size is hard-coded to 3.
Auction duration is 5 minutes (you have to spend 5 minutes in the top 3 without any bids).
Domain expiration is 2 hours.

Writeup about how much you get back for getting outbid coming soon, here's a rough version:
"""
*  The first time a domain is bid on, if you get outbid, you only get 95% back
*  Afterwards, if you bid on a domain that is "in the throttle" (one of the top K domains) and you get outbid, you get 110% back
*  If you bid on a domain that is not in the throttle  (not in top K and not the first bid), and you get outbid, you get 100% back
AND:  the next person's "required minimum bid" is your bid + the difference between your bid and your required bid
so you have to outbid the last person by more than they outbid the previous person by
"""
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.