Author Topic: Import Existing Delegate Into New Server  (Read 1756 times)

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile
Wow that looks awesome.. heading out of the bunker now but will try that when I get home.

Will let you know how it works out!  +5%

Ok good luck.. that should work just fine.  :)
https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.
https://www.cryptohun.ch/ -> Tradable Blockchain Asset PvP Card Game

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Wow that looks awesome.. heading out of the bunker now but will try that when I get home.

Will let you know how it works out!  +5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile
Hi,

Open the Windows client and use the 'wallet_dump_private_key' command with the following syntax for every account you have: wallet_dump_private_key <account name>

Make sure to write down which private key goes with which account name so you don't get the next step messed up.

Very important: If you do not do these next steps, then you will be missing blocks by creating blocks from two different nodes. This is very bad and creates forks, people will likely vote you out as delegate. You can proceed to setting up your delegate account while re-downloading the block chain on your windows client and/or while syncing the block chain. Make sure to delete the wallet folder for your Windows wallet before setting up your delegate account though.

How to set back up your Windows client
1. Close out of the BitsharesX client
2. Delete this folder: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\BitShares X\wallets\default
^ Note: replace UserName with your Windows user name; AppData is a hidden folder so you need to type it in manually or turn on the viewing of hidden files and folders ^
3. Open the BitsharesX client, create a new wallet password, and wait for the block chain to finish downloading. Instead of creating a new account, just go to console to do the following.
4. Import your private key to your NON DELEGATE account(s) using the 'wallet_import_private_key' command in the console with the private key(s) you copied earlier using the following syntax: wallet_import_private_key <private key>
5. Re-scan the block chain to retrieve all of your transactions and to show your proper balance using the following command in console: wallet_rescan_blockchain

On your delegate server import the private key for only your delegate account using the 'wallet_import_private_key' command with the following syntax: wallet_import_private_key <private key>

You should be good to go then.. you have your delegate account on your server and personal account on your computer. :)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 07:11:52 pm by CoinHoarder »
https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.
https://www.cryptohun.ch/ -> Tradable Blockchain Asset PvP Card Game

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Good Day

By request I am copying this question here in the hopes that it can be answered and help many others who maybe challenged at accomplishing the same.

I went about setting up my own in ubuntu delegate server.. no problem on the server side.. running on a dime.

The CLI has me lost however... particularly on one point.

I have an existing delegate account that was created using the Windows client interface.. now I want to get that delegate account imported into the new ubuntu delegate server.. but for the life of me I haven't been able to figure out what or where or how to port it in with the CLI.

Do you have any tips or suggestions?

I haven't been able to find the documentation to make this work either.. all the documents float around creating a new one.. and even some of those don't match with how current commands work.

Thanks again!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+