Author Topic: Taulant from Bitsapphire will be in Friday's mumble talk  (Read 2373 times)

Offline gamey

• View Profile

I'll pump this show a bit too, but trying to get the show that has all the market data listened to by as many people as possible first.  Sorry it took a couple weeks to edit it.  My dog ate the power supply to my mac.  Lost the PS and the dog.  Audacity crashes on my  linux workstation.  We got it going now though ;)

Tell me if I am spelling Itnom incorrectly.

https://soundcloud.com/beyond-bitcoin-hangouts/beyond-bitcoin-community-dev-hangout-2014-08-29

This Beyond Bitcoin Show is a bit different. Usually Dan Larimer is around for the first hour. In this show he makes a brief appearance with the rest of the show made up of members for the Bitshares community talking about their various projects and ideas.

This show starts out with Itnom talking about his plans on creating a wallet for BitUSD and a wallet.
1:45 What is the flow for the using the wallet ?
5:27 Dan Larimer appears ! Talk about market makers and introduction of trusted price feeds.
13:17 Best practices on Delegates and what is their role ?
16:34 Suggestions for beyondbitcoinx pairing technical guys who will run delegates with other partners
17:45 Dan departs to fix bugs.
18:15 Itnom starts talking about Bitsapphire and their projects that are in the pipeline.
19:00 Itnom talks about his delegate and how the forum supports it. Plans for a bridge between SMF forum and Discourse. Itnom also talks about his wallet.
21:50 Talk about changing from the name of the BItshares X client from wallet to vault since functionality is so far beyond a typical wallet. Brian Page goes into how BTSX is far more than a simple coin.
29:10 Talk of delegates funding different technologies.
30:00 Itnom talks about how he sees his company (Bitsapphire) making profit in the ecosystem. Plans on creating Oracles like Ethereum, Ripple, etc.
32:20 Description of what Open Transaction is and how it might be integrated it with Delegates and BitShares ecosystem.
42:00 Gingerbreadman talks about his FutureTech business that will implement distributed food production. Neural Network for food production to maximize food production while being autonomous. Gingerbreadman talks about how to solve incentives to share information that is required to maximize produciton.
48:20 What is the state of Gingerbreadman’s company? It is just a concept ? Or has it been implemented.
51:20 Fuz talks about beyondbitcoinx.net’s concept created by jabbajabba meant to aid delegates and the BItshares ecosystem. Low barrier to entry journalism.
54:30 Talk about a centralized database that has a wide range of criteria to help select delegates. Possibly creating a JSON feed to be used by other sites. Do you wait for delegates come to you to give their info, or do you create it yourself ?
1:05:45 Talk about setting up a delegate utilizing beyondbitcoinx and how it will work.
1:10:37 Gamey describes how an authorative list of delegates helps the Bitshares ecosystem. Security and increased Delegate awareness.
1:16 Discussion of how Ripple increased their share supply to compete with BTSX.
1:27 Thoughts on why BTSX’s asset issue fee is so high. Is that a good thing? A bad thing ?
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline fuzzy

I honestly think we never run out of things to talk about.  However, with that said, I'd personally like to see Brian and Taut there every week!  After Dan is pretty much done, we can go into a small round of updates from other projects in the cryptosphere.

Thanks to you gents for participating :)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 08:13:22 pm by fuznuts »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline bitsapphire

Thank you for showing up.  Brian Page was a welcome change last week.  (No slight to Dan ! )  I would like to hear your plans.  Dan can run out of stuff to talk about, so anyone new who has a Bitshares related project is always welcome.  Perhaps you'd just like to kick around some thoughts etc.  There is usually a discussion after the show is over.

Thank you for the warm welcome! I'm looking forward to tomorrows call!
Register and get your personal Moonstone Wallet Beta here: https://moonstone.io/login-register.html

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Thank you for showing up.  Brian Page was a welcome change last week.  (No slight to Dan ! )  I would like to hear your plans.  Dan can run out of stuff to talk about, so anyone new who has a Bitshares related project is always welcome.  Perhaps you'd just like to kick around some thoughts etc.  There is usually a discussion after the show is over.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline bitsapphire

I will be on Friday's (29.08.14) Mumble talk. I will be available after Dan's talk for any questions regarding current and future forum management and our Bitshares app pipeline.

If you have any questions which you would like to get answered right away on the talk ask away in this thread!

Thanks fuznuts for inviting me!
Register and get your personal Moonstone Wallet Beta here: https://moonstone.io/login-register.html