Author Topic: PTS Snapshot problem with Cryptsy  (Read 9388 times)

Offline schnib

• View Profile
Re: PTS Snapshot problem with Cryptsy
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2014, 08:20:06 pm »
Maybe we can do some posts here as well :

https  ---     ://bitcointalk.  ----    org/index.php?topic=810399.new#new

Posted on reddit :

reddit. ---   com/r/protoshare/comments/2krykc/who_else_lost_his_bitsharesx_that_he_would_have/
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 12:47:56 pm by schnib »

Offline schnib

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2014, 03:39:41 pm »

All you will need to do is collect your cryptsy PTS deposit address and relating information. I think the bounty will start around $3k and may climb above 5. Great idea to start a reddit thread! Where is the best place to post it?

i was on the road, sorry for the delay.
how can i collect my address ? i never deposited any PTS , just bought them at Cryptsy. So i just take my deposit address for "new" deposits?
unfortunately i can't login right now, seems like they have sms code problems...

Edit :
just gererated a new one, if this might help : PYXZAxY5TewwuKbpHg6ENftMa7VgFyGiKo
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 02:42:36 pm by schnib »

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2014, 04:19:50 pm »
Yes, it would also be interesting to see if they have claimed it or not. Would be a HUGE PR nightmare for them if they actually pocketed any of it.

Offline johncitizen

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2014, 11:00:21 am »
i am definitely interested as well.
unfortunately i am a tec newbie so i might not be able to give you any further information but i will add some bounty value.
my btsx worth should be 5000 USD + so will will spend at least some BTC.

maybe you should start a post on reddit first, so everyone gets knowledge ?

All you will need to do is collect your cryptsy PTS deposit address and relating information. I think the bounty will start around $3k and may climb above 5. Great idea to start a reddit thread! Where is the best place to post it?

There are heaps of guys that can trace the blockchain so once they see a fat bounty many Sherlock Holmes will emerge. I was thinking of making it kind of fun and everyone that contributes will earn a % of bounty. Sort of like a community investigation.

Once the reddit goes up ill also contact bitcoin bounty hunter and get a nice front cover.

Sounds like a snowball's building

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2014, 10:44:32 am »
+5 for your efforts to expose cryptsy's tactics...  I stopped using their services due to prooven  unfairness to their own customers !

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline schnib

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2014, 10:32:45 am »
i am definitely interested as well.
unfortunately i am a tec newbie so i might not be able to give you any further information but i will add some bounty value.
my btsx worth should be 5000 USD + so will will spend at least some BTC.

maybe you should start a post on reddit first, so everyone gets knowledge ?

Offline johncitizen

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2014, 07:26:59 am »
I have been emailing the the J-shock at cryptsy, apparent customer service manager.

They tell me that they wont honour coins on their exchange and the post was by an imposter! Very well written and very convincing.

Crypsty hold a decent amount of my BTSX from PTS left on exchange. Oddly enough I submitted the withdrawal 40 mins before snapshot and they were delayed 2 blocks after snapshot.

I dont need a lecture on holding PTS in my local wallet. If anybody is interested I have set a bounty for information on cryptsy PTS addresses. Im prepared to spend some btc to shed some light on the matter.

Theres a few bloggers and media outlets interested in this story. If we can gather all the facts that would be a start.

What I can think of that is needed:
* Cryptsy PTS addresses
* Information related to genesis block of BTSX
* BTSX/ USD worth

What else guys?

Once we figure out everything needed I will start an official bounty thread here and in BTC talk. Those effected should consider throwing in the escrow.

Crypsty look out!

merockstar

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2014, 10:57:52 am »
that's pretty sad.

support just says this :

Hello Simon,
We have never paid out staking and have always informed our users that they need to keep any coins they wish to stake in their own personal
wallets.

Sincerely,
Jim  aka: JShock
Customer Service Manager
Cryptsy.com

Cryptoworld is just full of greed :(
I mean cryptsy was never the real "owner" it was just on their side but whatever...

It sounds like he doesn't understand what airdrop theory is. I think he think you're trying to ask if cryptsy will pay dividends from what they've earned by having PoS coined lay around dormant.

Offline schnib

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2014, 01:20:47 pm »
Just tried to withdraw my PTS some days ago.
They still didn't arrive on my wallet, does it always take that long to withdraw PTS from cryptsy ?

EDIT: arrived yesterday, all fine.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 07:44:13 am by schnib »

Offline schnib

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2014, 06:01:05 pm »
that's pretty sad.

support just says this :

Hello Simon,
We have never paid out staking and have always informed our users that they need to keep any coins they wish to stake in their own personal
wallets.

Sincerely,
Jim  aka: JShock
Customer Service Manager
Cryptsy.com

Cryptoworld is just full of greed :(
I mean cryptsy was never the real "owner" it was just on their side but whatever...

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2014, 04:41:50 pm »
looks like Big Vern is going to honor the snapshot after all  https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7986.0;topicseen

Good news!

any news on this ?
i am not able to open the thread.

not sure why that thread was deleted?

someone posted it as a bad joke.

so Cryptsy is not honoring PTS snapshots.

Offline soniq

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2014, 04:39:23 pm »
looks like Big Vern is going to honor the snapshot after all  https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7986.0;topicseen

Good news!

any news on this ?

not sure why that thread was deleted?
Pr7V9GUm59dtKWXG6RJSymPsyCaCKWwNEj
Soniq on Bitcointalk -- Verified
Bitshares btsx:soniq

Offline schnib

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2014, 04:26:53 pm »

Good news!

any news on this ?

Offline zvs

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2014, 10:43:41 pm »
Nope, I had zero problems redeeming my PTS for BTSX. Then again... I'm holding my PTS in my local wallet, like I'm suppose to.
Well, I was actually going to sell mine... but, I suppose the person that I was selling some to on beedui may have wanted to move them to local storage, except beedui closed withdrawals about 20 hours early.
Pls to join Primedice 3 and frolic about merrily whilst gambling awe-inspiring quantities of bitcoins. The power of Christ compels you.

I have a dogecoin p2pool at Nogleg.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2014, 08:42:04 pm »
That is no excuse.  The only reason they carry so many currency pairs is because Vern wants bought off to allow your coin on his exchange.  Inherently there is not anything wrong with the man making money--but for Vern to "get his cut" by taking the snapshot from their rightful holders is a HUGE load of bs. 

I'm glad he decided (way too late imo) to actually show some semblance of ethical behavior. 

What the post before this one says is good news...but there was absolutely no reason for it to take this long.  I'm not going back to cryptsy, personally.  Walked away the moment I found out he didn't honor the snapshots--I mean wtf?  Shady.

Hey, FUDnut, did you see the post that they will be honoring it?

Also, it sounds that even if they wanted to honor it, they were told by legal to not say a word for some time.