Author Topic: Restoring lost balances  (Read 1463 times)

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

I didn't do anything technical. I deleted EVERYTHING and reran the client with a fake wallet. Once it was sync'd I put my actual wallet back in and all was good.

hmm ok.  That's what I've been trying, but I only up end with 40% of my balance or the wallet crashing...  I won't settle for either option  :P

Offline Riverhead

I didn't do anything technical. I deleted EVERYTHING and reran the client with a fake wallet. Once it was sync'd I put my actual wallet back in and all was good.

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

I've gotten so far as the client recognizing ~90% of the value of the correct balance (I can see my balance under my account as the blocks are syncing), blocks will sync to 100% and then when transactions are scanning, it crashes. 

This happens for both Mac and Windows.  Is it possible my .json file is corrupt and how would I go about fixing that...?

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

How is this coming? I was able to get mine back.

No luck - able to open the client and at least see what my transaction history was, but right as I get up to syncing blocks from 3 days ago (8/26) it crashes.  I'm confident I have all the data needed, but I don't know what to do to get the client to recognize it and display the correct balance.

Riverhead - what process did you follow?

Offline Riverhead

How is this coming? I was able to get mine back.

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

Hey everyone - Just wanted to reach out and see if anyone had nailed down a process for restoring lost balances in their wallet.  I'm still working on figuring it out on my end, but to no avail (yet).

Thanks!