Author Topic: Should Invictus honor their community workers?  (Read 4239 times)

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
hi & thx for inviting me to join forum moderator team...

Iam also thinking a compensation to the effort of the forum team members could be a good idea.
I like the *tip jar* idea also ... but for me it doesn't matter ... i'am happy to join this team  ;)

Welcome cass.
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
hi & thx for inviting me to join forum moderator team...

Iam also thinking a compensation to the effort of the forum team members could be a good idea.
I like the *tip jar* idea also ... but for me it doesn't matter ... i'am happy to join this team  ;)
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum

Amazon, how much PTS should you need to pay today for this forum for a full year? Maybe you can just ask for it on the forum.

Domain+hosting+SSL(not implemented yet) is little bit more than 200 USD/y. But I don't like the current hosting, may move in near future.

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum

They will be visible for web browsing just from many different sources :)

That is good and I can retire  :D.

Offline bytemaster

Keyhotee will eventually have decentralized forums that require no centralized hosting.

and that will be a great feature, however, you will need centralized forums for marketing. it must be visible to search engines

They will be visible for web browsing just from many different sources :)
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Keyhotee will eventually have decentralized forums that require no centralized hosting.

and that will be a great feature, however, you will need centralized forums for marketing. it must be visible to search engines

Offline bytemaster

I think it would be really cool if the users could pay somehow this forum servers (hosting, DNS, domain), admins and mods.

Amazon, how much PTS should you need to pay today for this forum for a full year? Maybe you can just ask for it on the forum.

Noob question/wild idea I'm not going to do: Would it be possible to make a DAC that offers the service to keep this forum running? A DAC that:

• Pays for the machines and humans behind the forum/DAC in its own currency or with protoshares/bitcoin/x using exchanges if needed.
  • Store the posts, users and every other forum data on a blockchain.
  • Asks for your computer to do some work for the forum/DAC or to pay with its own currency in order to post, using the original wallet or a web service

Creating a DAC is HARD work and they usually take an untraditional form.  Keyhotee will eventually have decentralized forums that require no centralized hosting. 
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline yago

• View Profile
I think it would be really cool if the users could pay somehow this forum servers (hosting, DNS, domain), admins and mods.

Noob question/wild idea I'm not going to do: Would it be possible to make a DAC that offers the service to keep this forum running? A DAC that:

• Pays for the machines and humans behind the forum/DAC in its own currency or with protoshares/bitcoin/x using exchanges if needed.
  • Store the posts, users and every other forum data on a blockchain.
  • Asks for your computer to do some work for the forum/DAC or to pay with its own currency in order to post, using the original wallet or a web service
http://bitsharestalk.org/donate.html  <---- Donate to the BitShares Forum ----> PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
A tip jar sounds like a great idea. :)

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
I am ok not being compensated. Another idea is to open donation to the forum and pay mods from the donation jar.

Offline bytemaster

Agree, I think it's commit mods feeling that they do valuable work.

I agree mods should be compensated.   How that is accomplished is still TBD.   These forums are run by Amazon (not Invictus) and so I will leave it in his hands to decide how to best manage this website.   

That said, I would highly support a site-wide tip jar for MODS and a regular reminder for everyone who enjoys a well moderated forum to tip.   Then the tips could be divided among mods proportional to their time on the site or some other metric.   Invictus would gladly contribute to this tip jar.

Offline bytemaster

This could either be Invictus or fundraised on the forum itself. 

I do want to mention, I just wanted to be a moderator to help out in the wild-west short term.  Nobody was cleaning spam, and forum sales were happening so fast it was confusing which posts were live or not so I wanted to change posts that were sold from [wts] to [SOLD]

At whatever point, please migrate me back to a normal user.  I don't have time to do the job justice.

I don't mind leaving you as a mod even if you don't do it full time.  But I will make sure that we have enough full time mods that we do not depend upon you.

Offline Lighthouse

• Making a Market in PTS since 11/06/2013
    • View Profile
    • Lighthouse Bulk Orders and Trusted Escrow (Closed)
This could either be Invictus or fundraised on the forum itself. 

I do want to mention, I just wanted to be a moderator to help out in the wild-west short term.  Nobody was cleaning spam, and forum sales were happening so fast it was confusing which posts were live or not so I wanted to change posts that were sold from [wts] to [SOLD]

At whatever point, please migrate me back to a normal user.  I don't have time to do the job justice.
Before you say the price of PTS is too high, take a look at theThe Reason.  Protoshares are an entirely new type of Cryptocurrency, one that pays to hold.

Offline testz

Agree, I think it's commit mods feeling that they do valuable work.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
I gave this some thought, and don't get me wrong: this thread is not about my personal greed :)

I would appreciate it, if Invictus would "pay" mods like 1 PTS per month, as this is one of the few things working really great for bitcointalk.

It would motivate community workers and prevent corruption in the future.

Thoughts?