Author Topic: insufficient depth ?  (Read 8054 times)

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
I just started 0.4.10
I am getting insufficient depth on USD:BTSX any idea when this might allow us to trade? Thanks in advance.

thought the same - got the wrong impression. market will start not with installation 0.4.10 or maybe they just wait for more updated delegates.

Offline nikauforest

• View Profile
I just started 0.4.10
I am getting insufficient depth on USD:BTSX any idea when this might allow us to trade? Thanks in advance.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

Offline graffenwalder

No they both have to be 2.000.000+

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
The wallet is showing that the combined ASK + BID depth is still over 20 million. Is that not the minimum depth?

Offline Thiball

• View Profile
Although the market on BitSharesX doesn't have the dept right now for trading you can still trade on an exchange like BTER in the mean time. I know it's not the same thing but it could scratch the itch :). BTER has BTSX and bitUSD.

Is that a joke  :P ?

The thing is I don't want to lose money. I think it's fair enough. I am aware that the wallet could have some bugs but when you stop the market, you have to tell everyone.
BTSX : thiball

Offline Riverhead

Although the market on BitSharesX doesn't have the dept right now for trading you can still trade on an exchange like BTER in the mean time. I know it's not the same thing but it could scratch the itch :). BTER has BTSX and bitUSD.

Offline Thiball

• View Profile
Ok, great. So I'm stuck and I can't trade. Maybe this is a beta or alpha or whatever but this is real money...

When do you think we can start trading ? Today ? Thx
BTSX : thiball

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
It would be awesome if users click on market tab on the BTSX wallet are informed for the market pause reasons...
Not all users come to this forum to get informed. I could suppose the majority isn't....

Offline doxymoron

• View Profile
In another post BM said he's up 1.000.000 BTSX. So his order must have got filled.

Maybe he's not sure about putting in a new short.

Edit: or buy

Nope... we just identified a potential bug and thought it would be better to halt trading than allow the market to do bad things.  Trading will remain suspended until all parties have a stable wallet and we have resolved some known issues.

There really should be a separate forum post about this.  Maybe I just cant find it, but this is the only post I've seen regarding why no trading is going on.  And I had to dig for this.
wallet_approve_delegate doxymoron-delegate
75% pay rate
BTSX: doxymoron

Offline theoretical

All orders will survive the fork, but after the fork they will execute relative to price feeds rather than the average. 

So I assume you're referring only to margin call orders.

What if the BitUSD price is going up (that is, the real price, determined by what people are willing to trade at) -- but that is not reflected in the feed until some time later?  I wonder if that delay might exceed the moving average delay long enough to increase the risk of getting into an FDIC situation, where some shorts' collateral is totally wiped out and they need to be "rescued".  Did the BitFDIC idea ever make it into production, anyway?  How does the BitFDIC deal with needing to print BTSX?

[1] I prefer avoiding the term "fork" or "hard fork" because that implies something awful.  Another thread proposed "Mandatory upgrade" to be the terminology for any change to the blockchain validation algorithm.
BTS- theoretical / PTS- PZxpdC8RqWsdU3pVJeobZY7JFKVPfNpy5z / BTC- 1NfGejohzoVGffAD1CnCRgo9vApjCU2viY / the delegate formerly known as drltc / Nothing said on these forums is intended to be legally binding / All opinions are my own unless otherwise noted / Take action due to my posts at your own risk

Offline bytemaster

Feel free to cancel orders.   If you need to cover a short position and would like to buy BitUSD, I will send you BitUSD for BTSX at the last market price before it closed.

Will orders survive the fork? I have a short on USD that I can just let ride since we're trying to address the demand for bitUSD.

All orders will survive the fork, but after the fork they will execute relative to price feeds rather than the average. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Riverhead

Feel free to cancel orders.   If you need to cover a short position and would like to buy BitUSD, I will send you BitUSD for BTSX at the last market price before it closed.

Will orders survive the fork? I have a short on USD that I can just let ride since we're trying to address the demand for bitUSD.

Offline yellowecho

My wallet froze during the insufficient feed and I couldn't cancel but it worked after I restarted it so I deleted my post.  Thanks for the offer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline bytemaster

Nope... we just identified a potential bug and thought it would be better to halt trading than allow the market to do bad things.  Trading will remain suspended until all parties have a stable wallet and we have resolved some known issues.
UGH!@!!

What happens to all existing orders?  I have outstanding short positions and buy orders... but I don't want the buy orders to execute if there's a margin call and I don't need to cover.  If the system comes back online under the margin threshold for my short then I could be absolutely screwed.  There's a lot of money on the line with all the volatility and the plug just gets pulled? And it's not like I can't just wait around for it because it's Labor Day weekend. >:(

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.