Author Topic: The key reason of wallet crashing--to the devs  (Read 1712 times)

Offline bytemaster

Thanks for this clue....  it would be nice if we could get some crash logs that capture the problem.

I've been sending the crash reports with every crash (I've had crashes on every Windows client since at least 0.4.7, and just had my first one on 4.10). Do I need to post something here about my crashes?

Dan & Eric have been flooded with crash reports and I don't have access to the reports and they haven't had time to look through any but the most pressing issues we know about.   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
Thanks for this clue....  it would be nice if we could get some crash logs that capture the problem.

I've been sending the crash reports with every crash (I've had crashes on every Windows client since at least 0.4.7, and just had my first one on 4.10). Do I need to post something here about my crashes?
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
thx! yup noticed it ..  after updating to 0.4.10 wallet crashed often yesterday! Today no problem ... but i didn't touch wallet over night also :)
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
good catch. Never crashed here, maybe i am to slow for the passphrase :D

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
After the release of 0.4.10, wallet crashing bug still exists for some users. But it seems that we have found the solution.  If you open the wallet but not input the passphrase for a while, the wallet is actually catching up the blockchains. After it's all synced, then you log in your wallet. In this case, no crash anymore.  On the contrary, if you log in your wallet before all blockchains are downloaded, it's very possible to crash.

Probably devs can figure out what's the reason of it, or at least, add a sync progress on the main login window.   
BTS committee member:jademont